All Purpose Barbecue Rub- Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc

All Purpose Barbecue Rub 1/4 cup coarse salt (kosher or sea) 1/4 cup dark brown sugar 1/4 cup sweet paprika 2 tbs freshly ground black pepper Put the salt, brown sugar, paprika, and pepper in a small bowl and stir to mix. Store the rub in an airtight jar away from heat and light. It will

Mix, give, paprika, pepper, barbecue, salt, purpose, brown, sugar, note, make, months, yield, springsmile, large, presents, friends, family, back, empty, batches, giggle, refill, airtight, freshly, ground, black, sweet, dark, coarse, kosher, small, heat, light, bowl, stir, store

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Info All Purpose Barbecue Rub

All Purpose Barbecue Rub
    1/4 cup coarse salt (kosher or sea)
    1/4 cup dark brown sugar
    1/4 cup sweet paprika
    2 tbs freshly ground black pepper
    Put the salt, brown sugar, paprika, and pepper in a small bowl and stir to mix.
    Store the rub in an airtight jar away from heat and light. It will keep for at least 6 months. Yield: about 3/4 cup
    Note: I make this in large batches and give as presents. Friends and family actually give the empty jar back to me for a refill...giggle...

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: All Purpose Barbecue Rub

Wow! It must be GOOD, I'll be trying this one, too!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can mix it with a little oil and make a marinade, add a bit to soups, stews, and sauces that just need something extra.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's a great idea! And I like the flavorful simplicity of it. I just stocked up on paprika at the mexican spice aisle of my store. They have big bags of affordable spices..

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know if you have a Big Lots in you area, but I buy giant sizes of the spices (and ingredients for other kitchen gifts) for a buck each!
    The simplicity or the rub is so cool...I've shared the recipe, but everyone thinks that I'm holding out a secret ingredient...I just sigh...and refill their jar! Cool for me...I ALWAYS have a gift. It's the same with all of my 'pantry' gifts! I guess that it's just better for me...giggle...