1 tsp cornstarch
    1 tbs water
    Pepper Steak:
    1-lb sirloin steak, cut into two portions
    2 tsp cracked black pepper
    2 tbs butter
    Salt
    Fire up the barbecue.
    In a saucepan or deep skillet, make the whiskey pepper sauce by sautéing the white onions in the butter over high heat. In about 3 minutes the onions will begin to turn brown.
    Add 1 cup of the beef stock to the onions. Add the cracked black pepper and garlic at this point as well. Continue to simmer over medium/high heat until the sauce has reduced by about half.

Add the whiskey, green onion, and remaining 1 cup of beef stock to the sauce and let it simmer over low heat while you prepare the steaks.
    Spread 1/2 teaspoon of cracked pepper over the entire surface of each side of the sirloin steak and press it into the steak so that it sticks.
    Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium/high heat. Drop the steak into the melted butter and sear each side of the steak for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until brown. When the barbecue is good and hot, grill the steaks for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until they are done to your liking. Salt the steak lightly as they grill.
    When the steaks is just about done, combine the cornstarch with the tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Stir just until the cornstarch dissolves.
    Remove the whiskey sauce from the heat and add the cornstarch to it. Put the sauce back on the heat and continue to cook on low until the sauce is thickened to the consistency you desire. Serve the steaks doused with whiskey pepper sauce.
    Note: This is a bit of work, but oh so good! Especially if you are looking for something special for just the two of you;-D

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Black Angus Pepper Steak

This sounds so delicious! I'm thinking about converting it into a pressure cooker recipe to see how it comes out . . . I'll bet the steaks won't be as pretty but I could use cheaper cut of meat. I love the idea of the pepper steak, it would be fabulous with some steamed jasmine rice ...
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Black Angus Pepper Steak

It would be fabulous with the rice! I've had so much fun with my cast-iron smoker/grill. The storm back in June that put a tree on my home and took out the my old smoker/grill put me out of business for a bit. The insurance company gave me current market value and there was a major sale at the time so I actually upgraded to a better one! LOL! Sooo, that energized me to play and be a bit more creative. I think that this recipe is one of the best. Did I ever tell you that I view the forums as a challenge to create different recipes? Maybe instead of ME publishing a cookbook (fortunately, just about everything that I had written or saved to disc [after the fire that wiped me out] is here...giggle...) we should publish a Budget101.com cookbook. Friends, family, and colleagues that want my recipes...I send them here to join and download all of the fabulous recipes posted by members. My friend, we have a tasty collection of talented people...just a thought...