Cranberry Almond Oatmeal

Cranberry Almond Oatmeal

Cranberry Almond Oatmeal 1/2 cup rolled oats (not quick or instant) 1 1/4 cup water 1/4 cup dried cranberries 14 whole almonds chopped (not salted) 1/4 cup fat-free milk 1 tsp. brown sugar (optional) Combine oatmeal and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and lower heat to medium low.

oatmeal, sugar, milk, brown, cranberry, stir, minutes, almonds, heat, cranberries, water, almond, cooking, bottom, continue, sprinkle, servings, smaller, appetites, sandwich, appetite, sticking, desired, makes, serving, prevent, combine, instant, small, saucepan, optional, dried, salted, chopped, fat-free, bring, rolled, oats, frequently, cook, lower, boil, quick, medium

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Cranberry Almond Oatmeal

Cranberry Almond Oatmeal
    1/2 cup rolled oats (not quick or instant)
    1 1/4 cup water
    1/4 cup dried cranberries
    14 whole almonds chopped (not salted)
    1/4 cup fat-free milk
    1 tsp. brown sugar (optional)
    Combine oatmeal and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and lower heat to medium low. Cook for 4 minutes. Stir oatmeal frequently to prevent it from sticking to bottom of pan. Add 1/4 cup milk and continue cooking for two more minutes. Take pan off heat, add cranberries and almonds. Stir to mix well. Sprinkle brown sugar on top if desired. Makes 1 serving for a big appetite, 2 servings for smaller appetites.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cranberry Almond Oatmeat

This sounds like a warm start to a cold morning!
    Gonna try this one too...with the brown sugar.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cranberry Almond Oatmeal

...giggle...I love brown sugar, so I always add a little extra to my own. When DD was little, I always assigned her a 'breakfast' task so that I could mix in a little extra brown sugar on mine. Now that she' grown and moved away I don't have to cheat! LOL!

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

This one sounded absolutely delicious, we added it to the menu plan this week. I love oatmeal!
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

This would work well with substitutions, too. No almonds? Substitute pecan, hazelnuts, or pecans. No died cranberries? Substitute raisins, dried apricots, cherries, peaches, or figs. And, make a bigger batch and put it in the refrigerator +without the nuts) in canning jars for breakfast later in the week. Remove canning jar lid and microwave for a minute or so, sprinkle with nuts and enjoy. Makes morning easier.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Absolutely! Make whatever additions you need to make and make this recipe YOURS! It all sounds so good;-D