Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits
10-27-2013, 12:10 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 stick butter-diced
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water or milk
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place 2 cups of flour, the baking powder, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. With the mixer on low, add the butter and mix until the butter is the size of peas.
3. Combine the buttermilk and egg in a small measuring cup and beat lightly with a fork. With the mixer still on low, quickly add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and mix only until moistened. In a small bowl, mix the Cheddar with small handful of flour and, with the mixer still on low, add the cheese to the dough. Mix only until roughly combined.
4. Dump out onto a well-floured board and knead lightly about 6 times. Roll the dough out to a rectangle 10 by 5 inches. With a sharp, floured knife, cut the dough lengthwise in half and then across in quarters, making 8 rough rectangles. Transfer to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
5. Brush the tops with the egg wash. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the tops are browned and the biscuits are cooked through.
Serve hot or warm.
By BiggerPiggyBank in forum Mixes~MYO~Copycat~EtcReplies: 7Last Post: 11-19-2014, 10:39 AM
By dealfindingmom in forum Coupons Galore $Replies: 0Last Post: 12-05-2012, 01:40 PM
By Budget101 in forum vBCms CommentsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-03-2010, 12:47 AM
By Julia in forum Budget101 Discussion ListReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2003, 10:55 AM
By email@example.com in forum Budget101 Discussion ListReplies: 0Last Post: 07-31-2003, 05:49 AM