Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Pasta and Pepper Primavera
10-27-2013, 11:52 AM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
Pasta and Pepper Primavera
4 oz dried wheat/multi-grain spaghetti
1 tbsp evoo
4 cloves garlic-minced
1 medium green bell pepper-sliced
1 medium red bell pepper-sliced
1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans-rinsed and drained
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth/stock
1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest-*(for garnish)
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried thyme-crushed
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
s and p-to taste
2 tbsp butter
shaved/shredded parmesan cheese-*(for garnish)
1. Cook pasta according to pkg directions.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic. Cook and stir 1 minute.
Add onions and peppers. Cook and stir 3 minutes.
3. Add beans, broth/stock, lemon juice, seasonings, and herbs.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in butter.
6. Drain pasta well. Add to veggie mixture. Toss gently to coat.
7. Sprinkle with parmesan and lemon zest, if using.
Note: Can add sliced fresh mushrooms. Just cook with onions peppers.