Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default October 26-November 2

Sunday -- broiled chicken breasts, broccoli, and brown rice...$7.99
    Monday -- sautéed salmon, quinoa pilaf over spinach leaves...$2.07 (that was the cost of the salmon! had quinoa in the cupboard and a friend shared spinach from his garden...the last, I'm afraid...sigh..._
    Tuesday -- Swiss cheeseburger with sweet potato fries and asparagus...$2.97 (cost of ground beef...got sweet potatoes and asparagus from above friend's garden...love the mark-down bins! LOL!)
    Wednesday -- flank steak, green beans, and salad...$5.85
    Thursday -- Sunday's leftovers...$0
    Friday -- Thai curry chicken, broccoli, and brown rice....66 (used up the last of Sunday and Thursday leftover chicken. The extra cost is for the sweet potato [my friend only had so much sweet potato to share with me...giggle...) and zucchinis that I had to purchase;-\)

Saturday -- shrimp, pasta, and salad...$3.07 ( I seriously think that they mis-marked the package of shrimp...1lb for $1.50?!! obviously I didn't press the point! LOL!!)
    This week's total -- $24.67...what is your total this week?!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: October 26-November 2

The shrimp was a HUGE bargain!! I would LOVE to get my hands on a deal like that...
    Menu looks great!!
    The quinoa pilaf looks very interesting...would love the recipe... ((hint hint))
    Thanks so much for the menu inspiration!!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The quinoa pilaf is so easy...giggle... I add chopped or slivered almonds and pomegranate seeds (when the price is right!) but have substituted pomegranate flavored dried cranberries when I couldn't afford pomegranates. The taste is the same! Let me know if you try one way or the other if you like it!
    AND you know that I check the mark-down bin every week hoping for another mis-mark on shrimp! LOL! Even the cashier gasped, but she didn't call for a re-check...bless her little heart!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Our local Aldi has pomegranates on sale for .69 each. Hhhhhmmm...thinking I may try it this way since
    they're on sale. How many do you think I'll need?

I've never tried quinoa in any form before, so this looks like a -very- interesting start!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quinoa is easy to make and I think you'll like it. One Pomegranate is all you need.