At this time of year, I start thinking about 'holiday' leftovers. Yeah, you all know that I live alone and usually have the holidays with friends and family, but that doesn't mean that I don't take advantage of the sales and cook like I was cooking for a bunch! LOL! It's a great way to stock the freezer with lots of good BASICS FOR FUTURE MEALS...giggle... Here's one of my favorite meals. It's easy and portions up well to the freezer for future meals. I actually eat cheaper between October and April due sales on typical holiday "meats" that I take advantage of and freeze.
Leftover Turkey and Stuffing Casserole
4 cups prepared turkey stuffing
2 cups cooked cut up or sliced turkey
1 3/4 to 2 cups prepared turkey gravy
1/3 cup jellied or whole cranberry sauce, cubed
Butter bottom and sides of 2-quart baking dish. Arrange half of the stuffing in bottom of dish. Add half of the turkey then half of the gravy. Repeat layers. Top with cubes of cranberry sauce. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
Serves 4.
This year, I'm thinking wild-rice stuffing. If I'm gonna use this recipe, I'll have to make some adjustments to this recipe...I'll get back to you with what I come up with...maybe mixing the stuffing with egg, bread crumbs, cheese...oh, I'll let you know what happens! LOL!