Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Homemade Halloween Challenge!

We're issuing a new Budget101 Challenge! Share a Unique Halloween Recipe, Tip, or Costume Idea . . . but hurry- this challenge can end at any time!

One lucky random recipient will receive a Super Laundry Sauce Kit (Or an Amazon Gift Card), their choice!

B101 Challenge Update Notification  Although this thread is open for discussion, this Challenge has ended and the lucky recipient was announced in the thread at the close. 

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Budget101 For This Useful Post:

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: B101 Challenge: Homemade Halloween Challenge!

We have never been big fans of Halloween so I cannot think of anything, wish I could Good Luck to all with some unique ideas.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ooh, I'd love the laundry sauce Liss! Here's my Unique Tip: If you want to create a spooky looking book such as a Book of Shadows or a "Spell" book etc, you can transform an old hardcover book by adding a thin picture fram that matches the size of the book and then spray paint it to match the book and cover. Before spraying use a hot glue gun with a metallic glue (yes, they have colors) to create a design on the front of the book. These are great for making Grim's or Spooky looking books. For the "Lock" cut up an old belt that no long fits and attach it with a heavy duty glue (such as gorilla glue).

Name:  spooky-book.JPG
Views: 1986
Size:  35.7 KB
    Rolling with the Punches, folks, nothing to see here...

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's an easy decoration idea, peel the labels of old bottles (you can use goo-gone to remove the label) and then wash them thoroughly. Spray paint them in layers of Orange, yellow and white to make them look like Candy- Corn. Add a few colorful leaves around the base and a couple of mini pumpkins and you have an instant dirt cheap centerpiece of recycled materials!

Name:  halloween-decor.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  56.8 KB
    Photo Credit: Facebook Share

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Name:  grumpcatmask.JPG
Views: 1708
Size:  27.5 KB
    I have a costume Idea that I saw on Craft Gossip on FB!, You could Go as Grumpy Cat for Halloween. It would be fun just to hold up the mask when trick or treaters come to the door.

Photo Credit: Craft Gossip

You need a couple pieces of felt,Light brown for the face, light tan for the nose, dark brown for around the ears and eyes and blue for the eyes themselves. This one is really easy and you can use a piece of elastic/stretchy material to keep it on.
    Finally Saving Money & My Mind !

Downloads
    Uploads

Another one that we've done in the past is making nightcrawlers out of gelatin. Mix up the package according to the directions for the Jigglers, add just a touch LESS water than it calls for. Then add a couple more drops of food coloring to give them a nasty fleshy color.

You put the straws into a tall narrow cup (such as a vase) Hold them all together with a rubber band. When you fill them, they will also fill at the base. Some will run out, but just fill the glass. Put them in the fridge until they set and rinse briefly with warm water to get them to fall out.
    Name:  gross-worms.JPG
Views: 708
Size:  72.6 KB

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Costume Idea: 50 Shades of Gray

At the request of my other half, this is my planned costume for our party tomorrow night, I'm going as "50 Shades of Gray". I picked up a bunch of paint swatches from our local paint store (actually, I went to several different ones just so I didn't wipe them out, lol).

Name:  50shadesofgrey.JPG
Views: 735
Size:  29.6 KB

I too got the idea off FB. #Halloween

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a few favorite costumes. My sister has a party every year and everyone makes costumes
    1. My nanny went as a "black eye pea" = colored her eye black and wrote a big "p" on her tshirt
    2. Rhinestone cow girl = I made a mask on my face with rhinestones and dressed cow girl and used the kids stick pony as my horse
    3. My brother in law works in oil field so he came as "oil field trash" = wore a company shirt with a white trash bag on top
    4 . Men in black= my sister and her husband wore black slacks and jackets with white shirts and black sunglasses.
    5. This year I am going as super mom= cape, apron with bottle wipes diapers spatula oven mits cleaners and eyes in the back of my head.
    I know these are all simple costumes but the theme is to design with what you have at home.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast