tip to get rid of ants

Get Rid of Ants TIP: Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it "home," & can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, esp. if it rains, but it works & you don't have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!

ants, bunch, cinnamon, day, dead, don, eat, fire, hank, hat, hem, hey, home, house, meal, mind, oils, pets, small, week, works, dose, borax, hours, ball, solution, great, cotton, water, dipped, sugar, recipe, ages

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default tip to get rid of ants

Get Rid of Ants

TIP: Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it
    "home," & can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, esp. if it

rains, but it works & you don't have the worry about pets or small children
    being harmed!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    All of my posts were transferred from
    the budget101 Discussion list
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BiggerPiggyBank For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Re: tip to get rid of ants

That is a myth; they can digest it and they do get fatter and it draws more ants from surrounding areas.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've used cinnamon successfully on fire ants and they go away. I don't know if they eat it or if its the oils in the cinnamon or what it is, but I know that I found a bunch of them dead a day or so later.
    CC,

Yeah, This is my life now!

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have used vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray the little buggers and it takes about 15-30 seconds and they don't move no more. Of course it does not keep any new ones from coming in.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll have to keep that in mind for the ones in the house! Thanks
    CC,

Yeah, This is my life now!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Piggy tip to get rid of ants

Hi, I have always used those little black box things from raid or someone. They come like six in a pack and are fairly inexpensive, like ant roach hotels. I don't know what makes them work, but they always do within a couple days. NOW, that's for the ones that get in.

My grandma told me years ago and it works great is to use any kind of talcum powder and make a line of it wherever you find them coming in. Window sills, doorways, etc. It doesn't have to be thick or wide, just unbroken. They won't cross it. This also works great for those pet bowls inside or out. Make a circle with the talc large enough to fit the bowl in. No bowl full of ants. My cats and dogs always benefited from this.

I read somewhere recently of the same general tip, only the tipster advised using the big sidewalk chalks, which would probably be less of a mess, haven't tried it, but chalk is talc, so I guess it would work.

It's a cheap and easy fix. I've never tried just pouring it on them to see if it kills them. I have a hard time killing live things even bugs if I can shoo them instead.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emilar For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: tip to get rid of ants

To keep them from coming in your house, mix half confectionery sugar and half borax and sprinkle it around perimeter of your home, the sugar attracts them and the borax kills them off so they don't enter your house...the grits and corn meal inside the home does not work, so when ant season hits try the above, and you will be ant free all your year...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to alexisc525 For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: tip to get rid of ants

Ants can be a pesky problem. I am going to try vinegar method.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast