Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes So Easy Microwave Fudge

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      crankymae

and soooo good!:106:

Microwave Fudge

1 lb. powdered sugar
      1 stick butter
      1/2cup cocoa(Hersheys in the tin, but I have used store brand)
      1 tablespoon vanilla
      1/4cup milk
      nuts(optional)

Soften butter in bowl, in microwave, uncovered, for about 30 seconds on high. Add the rest of the ingredients, except nuts. Stir well.

Put in microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes. Remove and beat until smooth. Add nuts if desired.

Pour into a buttered 8×8 pan square pan. Cool and cut into squares. I find it sets up better if I cool it in fridge, uncovered.
      Enjoy!!

mbabb29340

Thanks! I’ve been looking for a good Fudge recipe!

wilbe95

This is a great easy recipe! I even used the same concept the other day to make a fudge frosting for a cake (added a little more milk).

crankymae

I never thought to thin it for frosting–Thanks!!!

sthrash1993

Hi,
      I’m having a problem with the fudge. I’ve made it 3 times and it is AWESOME!!! The first time it turned out perfect and the next two it didn’t set well.

The difference is the second two times i did not butter the pan and i used imitation vanilla, otherwise i followed the recipe exactly. Help!!!
      sarah

sthrash1993

Hi,
      I’m having a problem with the fudge. I’ve made it 3 times and it is AWESOME!!! The first time it turned out perfect and the next two it didn’t set well.

The difference is the second two times i did not butter the pan and i used imitation vanilla, otherwise i followed the recipe exactly. Help!!!
      sarah

starsinnight

this sounds great! especially since i have all those ingredients and dont need to go out and buy a thing. 😀

starsinnight

this sounds great! especially since i have all those ingredients and dont need to go out and buy a thing. 😀

starsinnight

Anyone know approximately how much a pound of powdered sugar ends up being? I put my sugar in a Ball Jar so I don’t know if one bag is a pound or something like 4 cups? Anyone know?

Thanks!

starsinnight

Anyone know approximately how much a pound of powdered sugar ends up being? I put my sugar in a Ball Jar so I don’t know if one bag is a pound or something like 4 cups? Anyone know?

Thanks!

sthrash1993

I’ve been doing 2 c. = 1 lb.

sthrash1993

I’ve been doing 2 c. = 1 lb.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes So Easy Microwave Fudge