Fiesta Casserole

1 lb prepared black beans 1 (8 oz) jar salsa (MYO or commercial) 2 tbsp taco sauce (I added a tiny amt water with 2 tbsp dry taco seasonings-MYO or commercial) s and p-to taste 2 tsp cumin 2 tsp chili powder 2 tsp garlic powder 2 cups baked tortilla chips (MYO or commercial) 1 cup low fat

taco, sauce, shredded, commercial, casserole, chips, sour, cream, bell, powder, minutes, tortilla, cheese, heat, tbsp, serve, salsa, beans, prepared, simmer, bean, pepper, dish, jalapenos, place, gently, stirring, seasonings/spices, occasionally, sprinkle, additional, arrange, edges, extra, lettuce, ready, 25-30, uncovered, layer, spread, onions, bake, tomato, mixture, medium, p-to, seasonings-myo, taste, cumin, cups

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fiesta Casserole

1 lb prepared black beans
    1 (8 oz) jar salsa (MYO or commercial)
    2 tbsp taco sauce (I added a tiny amt water with 2 tbsp dry taco seasonings-MYO or commercial)
    s and p-to taste
    2 tsp cumin
    2 tsp chili powder
    2 tsp garlic powder
    2 cups baked tortilla chips (MYO or commercial)
    1 cup low fat sour cream
    1 onion-diced
    1/2 bell pepper-diced
    1-2 fresh jalapenos-deseeded and diced **Optional*
    1 medium tomato-chopped
    6 oz shredded cheddar cheese

shredded lettuce/cabbage

1. Heat oven to 350. In a large skillet, add beans, salsa, taco sauce, onions, bell pepper, jalapenos, and seasonings/spices. Heat to a simmer; stirring occasionally. Simmer gently for 20 minutes.
    2. Place tortilla chips in prepared 2 qt casserole dish. Top with bean mixture. Spread sour cream on top of the bean layer.
    3. Sprinkle the tomato and cheese over top. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.
    4. Arrange additional chips around edges of casserole when ready to serve. Serve with shredded lettuce and extra taco sauce.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsPaws For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fiesta Casserole

I made this tonight and everyone ate it..score 1 for mom...I didn't use tomatoes they were to much at the store. And they were out of my go to cheap tomatoes. (Roma's) Add I added black beans that I already had in my pantry. And omitted the hot pepper. Stomach issues in my family. It was so good and filling. gonna make this again.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm so glad your family enjoyed this!
    I've made note of the changes you made so it's changed up a bit.
    Thanks for the feed back!!

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds great this is a must try for my family ..