Results 1 to 1 of 1
10-01-2013, 04:52 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kabobs - Grilled Chicken and Veggie Salad
Meal #1-Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kabobs
s and p-to taste
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
4 tsp cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp paprika
4 cloves garlic-minced
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts-cut into 1 inch chunks
2 bell peppers-seeded and cut into 1 inch chunks
3 medium zucchini-cut into 1 inch chunks
1 pint grape tomatoes
2 red onions-cut into quarters
1. In a bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, and spices/seasonings.
Pour half of mixture into a zip top bag. Add chicken to bag and turn to coat well.
2. Toss veggies in bowl with marinade. Cover and let marinate AT LEAST 2 hours.
3. Remove chicken and veggies from marinade; discard marinade.
Pat dry. Thread chicken and veggies onto -soaked- wooden skewers.
4. Spray grill rack and grill kabobs, turning, until chicken is done.
5. Serve with rice and a nice salad.
*Set aside half of kebobs to cool; remove chicken and veggies from skewers and place into a zip top bag and refrigerate. Use this for meal #2.
Meal #2-Grilled Chicken and Veggie Salad
2 diced tomatoes
Mixed salad greens
remaining chicken and veggies
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese or choice of cheese
sliced pitted black olives
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp dijon mustard
3/4 cup evoo
s and p-to taste
1. Place salad greens in a large bowl.
Sprinkle chicken and veggies on top of greens.
Scatter cheese, chickpeas, tomatoes, and olives.
2. Combine vinegar and mustard in a small bowl.
While whisking, stream in olive oil. Add s and p.
Toss salad with 1/2 cup vinaigrette. Pass around remaining.