Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: MYO Gourmet Butters

Make your own Gourmet flavored butters to add amazing flavor and zest to breads, fresh homemade biscuits, steamed vegetables, or even on meat, fish or chicken dishes. Homemade gourmet butters can be sweet or savory. Here are a few of our favorites . . .

Read More: Article: MYO Gourmet Butters
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

All of these are wonderful, but I'm looking for a spreadable butter copycat. We tried Land O Lakes spreadable and we really like it. Much better than the veg.oil spreads. They mixed in canola oil to make it spreadable. Does anyone know what the proportions would be without me trying and ruining several sticks of butter? I was thinking using my kitchenaid mixer to whip it up.

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My favorite flavors are

Rosemary & Marjoram
    Basil & Mint
    Lavendar & Cardamom

I make my own butter using cream from raw milk. Simply shake a 2 quart jar until it begins forming the ball of butter, dump the buttermilk into a container for future use and then add the herbs, shaking until the butter takes on the right consistency.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can believe the Timberlodge butter is not on here.... My family loves this stuff.

1 lb butter
    3/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
    1 tb ground chervil
    1 tb garlic powder

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MYO Gourmet Butters

Quote Originally Posted by lucygoose View Post
    All of these are wonderful, but I'm looking for a spreadable butter copycat. We tried Land O Lakes spreadable and we really like it. Much better than the veg.oil spreads. They mixed in canola oil to make it spreadable. Does anyone know what the proportions would be without me trying and ruining several sticks of butter? I was thinking using my kitchenaid mixer to whip it up.
    Hi, the formula I use is 2 sticks real butter, 1/2 cup canola oil, 1/2 cup cold water.
    Mix the softened butter first for about 1 min. Slowly add oil on low speed, when somewhat mixed go to high speed for about 2 1/2 min, the butter will turn white. Slowly mix in the water on low and then go to high for about 2 1/2 min. Put in fridge to harden back up. Take it out about 5 min before you need it to soften it up a little. It stretches 2 sticks of butter into about 3 1/2.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wonderful Recipes! Thank you!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome and I will be trying the recipe from sandman for the spreadable butter!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MYO Gourmet Butters

Quote Originally Posted by lucygoose View Post
    All of these are wonderful, but I'm looking for a spreadable butter copycat.
    I make a "healthier" spreadable butter by combining 1 C butter, softened; 1/2 C OLIVE oil; and 1/2 C COLD water... spreads easily

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast