Sudden overload of PM’s?

Board Rules & Regs Tech Support Sudden overload of PM’s?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Liss

If you regularly report posts on our board (for example, dead freebies, etc) you may have experienced an overload of messages in your Private Messages Folder this morning.

Each time a member report a post, it creates an email in the “Reported Posts” forum (which is something only mods can see).

The other day, in order to keep people from wondering what the status of their post is I installed a program that would automatically notify people each time one of their threads/posts were deleted, moved, approved (if moderated), edited by a mod, etc.

So a few moments ago, when I deleted the old Reported posts in the forum, it sent all members that have reported a post a message for Each of the “reported threads” that were created (when the post was reported).

I have gone into the database itself and mass deleted these 300+ pm’s that went out to members.

I’m sorry, I should have blocked that particular forum from participating in the notification system, I was having (another) blonde moment. ~Liss!

faxonfive

Girl, we sure are keeping you busy arent we?? 🙂

wilbe95

No apology necessary, when I logged on I felt so loved :hysterical:.

Liss

@wilbe95 92145 wrote:

No apology necessary, when I logged on I felt so loved :hysterical:.

LMAO- Yeah, I did too, until I realized all the posts in my box were from stupidity, even the dog came in to see what I was laughing at while I was trying to figure out how to fix it.

lol, some days it doesnt pay to crawl outta bed. :dash1:

faxonfive

Felt kinda left out….Had to work last night so I was unable to log on…I didnt get any….thats ok…that way I dont have to delete them 🙂

JoAnn

Well, I’m Lolll now because I thought, I really had did the big one wrong here.:119::022: All in a days work.. Thanks Lizz, for getting back to me so quick.

jkpjohnson

I have a question. When you did the mass delete, not sure but my notifications say there are 17. I go in (expecting to have to delete them) and there is nothing there.

The only thing there is older PM’s I have saved (4). Anyone know how to bring my notification # back to 0? Do I need to log out and back in?, I do not think I should have to, never have before.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Board Rules & Regs Tech Support Sudden overload of PM’s?