Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Caramel Pears
09-25-2013, 07:40 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
8 cups water
2 cups sugar
juice of 4 oranges
juice of 1 lemon
small jar caramel sauce (I used caramel ice cream topping)
1. Add water, sugar, orange and lemon juice, and orange zest. Mix to combine. Bring to a boil.
2. Peel pears, leaving stems intact. Add to boiling liquid. Reduce heat to simmer.
3. Simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
4. Remove from liquid and place on dish. Slightly pat dry and let cool.
5. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Can sprinkle with chopped almonds or peanuts.