Another do-nothing chicken

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Another do-nothing chicken

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      KrisKris

This one is for the boneless, skinless breasts (BLSLB). My husband is always complaining that the BLSLB are too dry so I tried this:

Poach them in 1 can chicken broth, 2 bay leaves, oregano, salt, pepper. Boil until done (again, I have no idea how long this takes becuase I usually start doing something else while it’s cooking).

Another good poaching option is to use your fave combo of spices or if you happen to have the spice combos on hand (I think McCormick makes some good varieties) you can use that as well. Just remember that if you’re using chicken broth to poach you may not need as much seasoning becasue the borth will have flavor. On the other hand, if you are poaching in water you may need to use a little more seasoning.

I’ve also used the residual poaching liquid to head up canned or frozen veggies to add some flavor to them.

The BLSLB also shread pretty easily with two forks once they are cooked. You can add a little of the poaching liquid and some mayo and you’ve got a delicious chicken salad. The shreaded chicken is also good in quesedillias, tacos, burritos, enchiladas (enchilada sauce = small can of tomato sauce, 2T cinnamon, 2t cumin & 1t sugar), salad, etc.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Another do-nothing chicken