Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Share your Best Fundraiser Ideas

Name:  7535d1376572639-b101-challenge-what-top-5-things-must-have-your-pantry-b101challenge.gif
Views: 451
Size:  6.5 KBWe're issuing a new Budget101 Challenge, one of our members has PM'd me and her child has an opportunity to travel overseas to Spain for a class trip. Each of the 18 students must raise $3,700 in order to attend the trip.

Share your best Fundraising Ideas (be as detailed as possible!) for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card. (See, it really IS a Fundraiser!)

(You can read more about Challenges here)

1. They have 3 Months to Raise the Money
    2. High School Students, mostly juniors/seniors
    3. They are fundraising on their own as well as with the school.

B101 Challenge Update Notification  Although this thread is open for discussion, this Challenge has ended and the lucky recipient was announced in the thread at the close. 

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: B101 Challenge: Share your Best Fundraiser Ideas

More info please. When is the trip, how long do they have to raise the money, will they be working as a group or are they on their own? What is the age of the children and just how hard are they willing to work?

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Many moons ago, a local class hooked up with a local Avon Rep, and they had a fantastic fundraiser.
    At the time, Avon offered schools or groups some kind of deal...from what I remember of that one, it was a pretty lucrative deal for both the Rep and class. They easily reached the needed goals.
    I honestly don't know if that program is still in place.
    Isn't 'Mos' involved with Avon? I'm sure she would know...

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Re: B101 Challenge: Share your Best Fundraiser Ideas

Oh, Liss, this is right up my alley...giggle... Have the person contact Avon for her closest representative! Avon has numerous fund-raising programs. It is a known product -- if nothing else for Skin So Soft...giggle... I have sponsored several projects like this and have helped a lot of causes -- from personal health conditions to school projects. The funds raised were 0-,000 -- depending on the project. Have the person go to Avon.com and select 'Find a Representative,' then select 'Recommend a Representative Near Me.' She just needs to follow the prompts and she'll be given a list of people in her area. Suggest that she contact all and state what she needs to do. Not all reps will do fund-raisers as they are little nervous. Me?! Since I was the chair of fund-raising activities for my DD's entire academic career...I promise you that Avon's program is a piece of cake and wished that I had known of Avon's programs for all of those 13 years (don't forget kindergarten...giggle...)

AND thanks Mrs. Paws for remembering and thinking of me...

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Every Halloween our church puts on a Harvest Festival as a safe, fun alternative with Christian values. When my husband and I were the Children's Ministry Directors we noticed that at times it was difficult to get enough adult volunteers and sometimes the event lacks the teens and young adults.

We decided that every ministry in the church could have their own booth (donation $5 to Children's ministries - the fundraiser wasn't for us, it was for the ministries sponsoring booths - we just covered the candy and goodie bag costs for the kids with the $5 booth charge)

Each ministry got to create games that had something to do with their particular ministry and each had a can with a slot in it. For about 2 months in advance we told everyone to save their change (only change counts) and the goal was to give all of the money collected that night to the booth with the highest value in change - as an added twist, if someone dropped a bill in the can it counted against the change total.

By the end of the night Prison Ministries won with their booth appropriately decorated like a prison cell and a handcuff toss game, that the kids just loved. The Youth group came in second, and even though they didn't win, there were people of all generations present. Prison Ministries received all of the money, including the bills. In one night, with a small church, several hundred dollars was raised.

The best thing was seeing everyone involved. Even grandparents were slipping bills into the cans of the competition! We had lots of volunteers for set up and clean up, got home at a reasonable hour and no collecting money door to door! Give it a try!

As a fundraiser to benefit individuals - get a school or church involved and make it a carnival theme, sell hot dogs, nachos and soda and all money can be split evenly between the students going on the trip - works for trips to DC, or any other trip and lots of fun!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

One of the best things about an AVON Fundraiser is that you can make it both a community and online event. As an online event your AVON representative sets up the event on her personal website, shipping is free directly to the customers home, and depending on how generous the representative can afford to be, the amount collected can be up to 50% of the total sales before tax.

There are also Jewelry Parties, and other product Parties that can be done online. Benefits are no collecting, and no delivery of the products for website orders. If you collect the product cost and tax in advance, your representative can put in the order as part of the fundraiser to ship to the customer. Major credit cards (except American Express) and PayPal are accepted on the Representative's website.

Hi mos, I'm also a UL! Good to see another AVON ISR building the dream!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Many of our schools will sell pies from a local cafeteria that is very well known in the are. the pies are made and frozen and sold. the school gets 25%. 2 years ago, the cafeteria had issues and couldn't supply the pies so they went to GFS. they were given order forms and the hole 9 yards. the pies were much better than the cafeteria. again, they came frozen. the school did it in time to have the pies delivered the week before Thanksgiving. Here is the link to GFS Fundraiser. you can build your own with no up front cost. If they don't want to do a one for just her. tell them she runs a daycare and they are raising money for the daycare... I have always had my kids in an in-home day care and we always had fundraisers. If that doesn't work, you could make your own order sheet, sell the pies at a mark up and then buy them from GFS.

good luck with what ever you decide.(you could always do several...one after another). I hope it is successful.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spaghetti dinners are always good. Collecting cans...it adds up. A penny drive. 50/50 raffles.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast