I made my own coffee drink

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes I made my own coffee drink

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      flutterbye0419

I decided this morning that since I was craving coffee, but didn’t have the money to splurge on Starbucks, I would do a little experiment. I made a pot of french vanilla eight o clock coffee. I had bought the bag in august and still have about 1/4 of the bag. I then took a large coffee mug and poured a cup of it. I added a rounded teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa and 2 packets of splenda. I added creamer to taste. Then put 4 cubes of ice in a 16 oz glass. Poured the coffee over the ice and wala! Iced cocoa coffee ala Dawn! Loved it! My 2 year old wanted a taste, so I did and that was a mistake! She LOVES it! I would say it probably cost less than 2.50 per mug because I only paid 2.99 for the coffee bag and have made countless pots of coffee. I paid like 1.99 for the creamer (I still have more than half the container. It is a big one) and I think i maybe paid 1.00 for the cocoa. The ice was free! So, if I were to use all of everything, i would have spent 6.00 for tons of iced coffee! LOL! Enjoy!

*if this post needs to be in another thread, please feel free to move it, I wasn’t sure where to put it.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes I made my own coffee drink