Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Why is The Word Budget So Scary

Why do I cringe every time my husband has used the word budget? I've always thought of "budget" the same as poor, thrifty, sacrifice. I've never wanted to be any of those words, until now. I want things. The only way to get them is the lottery, or a budget, and lets face it, I cant afford a lottery ticket. So here I am budget101, teach me, mold me, save me some cash!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Why is The Word Budget So Scary

This site has lots of tips and information. I would suggest you read it all and print out what applies to your situation. The best advice is plan your meals in advance, make a list and avoid "spur of the moment" purchases. The recipe for windshield washer fluid really surprised my husband. Now he makes his own all the time. It saves two or three dollars a month--we have three cars and he uses a lot. A lot of the information will just depend on how much time you want to spend on doing it yourself, how much storage space you have, and the cooperation you get from the rest of your family.

With a budget, just like a lot of other things, you must be flexible. Give yourself room to breathe. Do your best to stick with your plan, but if you go over here or there, don't beat yourself up over it. A penny here and a dollar there will soon add up to that special prize you want.

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Why is The Word Budget So Scary

Hello and Welcome to Budget 101, CherylLynn! Good to have you here. Lots of ideas, information and recipes on this site to help you. Enjoy! Any questions, just ask. Thanks; Virginia