Downloads
    Uploads

Default MYO: Marbleized Stationary

Marbleized Stationary
    white typing paper
    disposable baking pan (bigger than paper)
    newspaper
    white envelopes
    clean rags
    pencils
    enamel oil paints (2 or 3 colors)
    First, lay some sheets of newspaper on the table. Fill the baking pan about three-quarters full with water and place it on the newspaper. Now choose your oil paint. Dip the pointed end of the pencil into the paint, then hold the pencil over the pan and let the paint dribble into the water. Repeat for each color. Pull the paint into different shapes by lightly running the pointed end of the clean pencil though the water. Swirl the pencil around until you have a design you like. Take a sheet of paper and carefully lay it on top of the water. Wait a few seconds, then pick up the paper by a corner and pull it out of the water. Lay the paper, paint side up, on a clean rag and let it dry overnight. Do your writing on the white side, so the marble design is on the back. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with a white envelope.
    I'm a Freak!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jane For This Useful Post:

Downloads
    Uploads

I remember doing this in school as a child, just couldn't remember the steps exactly.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MYO: Marbleized Stationary

This sounds beautiful. I'm making a small number christening invitations to send out to family and close friends. I wanted something special with a homemade touch, but still wanted them to be elegant and somewhat formal. I think using a metallic color would add just the right amount of formality.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

This sounds like it would be beautiful. I am making my own christening invitations to send to a few family and close friends for my child's upcoming christening. I want them to be elegant and just a bit formal. I'm making them myself to save some money, but I don't want them to look cheap. I think I'll try using a metallic color. Thanks for sharing this technique!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jhopkins View Post
    This sounds like it would be beautiful. I am making my own christening invitations to send to a few family and close friends for my child's upcoming christening. I want them to be elegant and just a bit formal. I'm making them myself to save some money, but I don't want them to look cheap. I think I'll try using a metallic color. Thanks for sharing this technique!
    Did you end up making these? I would love to see a photo to see how they came out!
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101