Morroccan Tea

Morroccan Tea

Here's a nice change from consuming that caffeine from coffee... Morroccan Tea 1 tbs green tea leaves, preferably gunpowder 1 large handful fresh sage (salmia) leaves, or 1 tsp dry sage 2 cups) boiling water 1/4 cup sugar Boil some water. Rinse a small tea pot with about 1/4 cup of the

water, leaves, boiling, coffee, sage, sugar, small, boil, rinse, longer, morroccan, cups, hard-core, nice, freak, alternative, start, change, morning, environmental, herbal, hippie-chic, tasty, gasp, chicky, share, visited, maker, turned, trust, announced, preferably, swirl, wash, discard, steep, leave, fill, gunpowder, large, http://moroccanfood.about.com/od/glossary/g/sage-salmia.htm, salmia, handful, fresh, green, medium-high, back, heat, gently, glasses

Thread: Morroccan Tea

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Morroccan Tea

Here's a nice change from consuming that caffeine from coffee...
    Morroccan Tea
    1 tbs green tea leaves, preferably gunpowder
    1 large handful fresh sage (salmia) leaves, or 1 tsp dry sage
    2 cups) boiling water
    1/4 cup sugar
    Boil some water. Rinse a small tea pot with about 1/4 cup of the water.
    Add the tea leaves and another 1/4 cup boiling water. Swirl the pot to wash and rinse the leaves, and discard the water.
    Add the sage and the sugar, and fill the pot with about 2 cups boiling water. Leave the tea to steep for five minutes or longer, or if your tea pot is stove top safe, you can bring the tea back to a boil over medium-high heat.
    Gently stir the tea, pour into small tea glasses and serve.
    Trust me...this WILL start your morning if you are looking for an herbal alternative!
    I am a hard-core coffee freak, but DD goes with the environmental (think hippie-chic) and she turned me on to this when she announced that she no longer had a coffee maker and I visited! ...gasp..
    It was tasty and got me going, or I wouldn't share this...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mos For This Useful Post: