Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fire Kitchen Gadgets that Save us Cash . . .

In response to our recent pantry challenge we discovered many of you, like myself are also Kitchen Gadget Hoarders!

So what are your favorite top 10 Kitchen Gadgets?

I realize that not everyone has a ton of gadgets in their kitchen, so if you must, list just your top 5.

1. FoodSaver Handheld System- use it for sealing all our fruits and veggies to prevent spoilage during the week
    2. Canning Supplies- Pressure Canner, Water Bath Pot & Mason Jars
    3. Nesco Food Dehydrator- use it for drying all leftover fruits and veggies to make soups, stews, side dishes, homemade fruit rolls, etc
    4. KitchenAid Mixer- doesn't really need an explanation, it's a lifesaver (and an Arm Saver!)
    5. Pasta Attachments for KitchenAid mixer- makes the BEST pasta ever, I love controlling the ingredients and knowing what my family is Really eating
    6. Bunn Coffemaker- makes an entire pot of coffee in 3 minutes, Total. I don't have patience to wait long for my coffee.
    7. FoodSaver Vaccuum Sealer- seals everything that goes into our freezer, keeps it burn free for ages.
    8. Olive Mister- use it daily to spray pans/dishes with Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead of chemicals from a can
    9. My Homemade Cookbook with washable pages
    10. Cannon Camera- for without it you would never see all my strange concoctions and recipes!

Now mind you, I didn't buy all these things at once, I've accumulated them over the past 25 years, many as gifts, a few I've bought ... and my favorites of course vary by season.

What are your "MUST HAVES" in the kitchen.. and while you're at it, share 3 of your "I Wants/I Wish I had" . . .

Our lucky winner(s) will receive NEW Kitchen Gadgets in this Challenge!!

Good Luck!

B101 Challenge Update Notification  Although this thread is open for discussion, this Challenge has ended and the lucky recipient was announced in the thread at the close. 

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: B101 Challenge: Kitchen Gadgets that Save us Cash . . .

My family is big, 7 people. So, in order for us to make the most of our money, we have a food saver, allowing us to buy foods in bulk and freeze them for later meals. We make a lot of our own homemade products, thanks to this awesome site, so I would also say my canning supplies. Who doesn't need canning mason jars? They are so versatile!! We have a breadmaker that is used ALL the time. Another useful tool in my house are my wooden spoons. Not really a gadget, but there are just some things that don't come out right when using metal or plastic. My handheld can opener is always a must. Hubs likes to make hummus with green chilis in adobo sauce and his favorite comes in a can. My rice cooker is used about 4 times a week. My daughter loves how it always makes the rice sticky, making it easier for her to eat. I use a handheld mixer a lot to make cakes and muffins, and although I don't get as good a workout than mixing by hand, my shoulder thanks me for this gadget. LOL I guess those are just some of them. There are plenty more gadgets in the kitchen...but these are the ones that are used the most.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

1. KitchenAid mixer. Crucial for making food like pizza dough, and of course baked goods from scratch.
    2. FoodSaver. We're a small family - this saves us so we can buy bulk items and repackage at home.
    3. Whisk. Not electric, but I use it more than any other tool in the drawer.
    4. Meat slicer. Obvious but we also buy big blocks of cheese and slice our own.
    5. Electric griddle. For making pancakes, grilled cheese, etc.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink Re: B101 Challenge: Kitchen Gadgets that Save us Cash . . .

I don't know if I have 10 gadgets or not, but here goes:
    1: Kitchen aid mixer
    2: small hand held grater
    3: Bamboo tongs
    4: Food processor
    5: coffee pot. Being a single parent (who cant tolerate too much caffine)I don't use it often, but is very hand when I need it. Also the basket can come out and I can make just 1 single cup of fresh brewed coffee. If you've never done this, you should try it. It makes just the perfect cup! Especially when you have just ground the beans as well.
    6: coffee grinder.
    7: (Not a gadget) but my cast iron skillet. I'd be lost without it...and if someone breaks in my house I can use it as a weapon and WACK someone in the head(like on 'Tangled')

Want's/wishes
    1: I would love a juicer
    2: magic bullet or something very similar
    3: Food saver/vacuum sealer

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Favorite gadgets are:

Rice cooker (pampered chef)
    chopper (pampered chef)
    nutri bullet
    mini food processor
    apple corer/slicer

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heart Re: B101 Challenge: Kitchen Gadgets that Save us Cash . . .

My top five food gadgets are:

1. chopsticks ( use them like a whisk, turn meat or veggies in the skillet, grab pickles out of jars, and eat noodles with a firm grasp on the food).

2. electric hand blender

3. 1 cup sized porcelain mortar and pestle (grind herbs and spices, tea, even recycle broken dishwasher pellets into pot scouring powder)

4. Canning pot, with all of its accessories, jars, bands and lids

5 Vacuum sealer and bags

6. Food mills: grain mill, coffee mill, manual fruit mill

7. Yogurt maker (can make cheese, too!)

8. juicer

9. commercial quality hand crank rotary cheese (or zucchini) grater

10. blender / mixer

I wish I had;

1. pasta making accessories (noodle maker, ravioli plates etc)

2. a non-solar box dryer for fruits vegetables and jerky (I have solar dryers and they work fine, except when there's not much sun)

3. a meat grinder (so many good buys on roasts, steaks, chops cheaper than ground; if you could grind your own meat)

4. a really heavy duty mixer - strong enough to handle Springerle or, biscotti dough, with low speed for ice cream and gellato

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

1. Kitchen-aid mixer--I use this for almost everything. Seldom use my bread machine at all.
    2. Food processors--large one and a small one-cup one.
    3. A small hand food chopper
    4. Can opener
    5. Coffee maker--not for me, but for dh
    6. I have a small metal spatula that I absolutely wouldn't want to cook without
    7. Tongs
    8. Two very large spoons that I use for serving spoons--one scoop does it.
    9. Ice cream scoop
    10. Not really a gadget, but my counter-top grill
    Wish list: A really good blender (the one I have is not very sturdy) and a bread keeper that adjusts to the size of the loaf.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

This one is a challenge, but I have a few:

1) My veggie peeler
    2) My Cuisinart Food Processor: grates, slices, chops, mixes and more!
    3) My grandmother's Hamilton Beach mixer: an oldie, but a goodie!
    4) My silicone oven mitt & gripper: I use it to open jars, as well as for handling hot items
    5) My blender....
    6) My silicone basting brushes
    7) My oil mister & oil "drizzler"
    8) My pepper grinder
    9) My handheld can opener!
    10) My breadmaker....

Wish list?
    1) World peace... (or whirled peas?)
    2) A Wonder Woman KitchenAid mixer, with pasta attachments (or, red... or stainless...)
    3) FoodSaver (just bought my mom one for her birthday, but didn't get myself one!)
    4) Never mind.... #s 1-3 will suffice as my wish list....

Thanks for letting me play along!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast