Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Share your Favorite Frugal Date Idea

B101 Beat the Clock Challenge! Share your favorite (inexpensive) date ideas - when times are tough and you need to "get away from it all" what are some of your favorite things to do?

Be creative! This prize for the randomly selected winner will receive a Gift Certificate to a Restaurant in their area so they can enjoy their Own Date night!

This is a Beat the Clock challenge and it can end at any time, so hurry.

B101 Challenge Update Notification  Although this thread is open for discussion, this Challenge has ended and the lucky recipient was announced in the thread at the close. 

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: B101 Challenge: Share your Favorite Frugal Date Idea

We really enjoy just staying in, making dinner, listening to music while playing cards. Sometimes we go out to a local bar for the All You Can Drink $10 MYO Bloody Mary Bar and play trivia ($10 = 2 hours of drinks & fun). Really we are very boring, when I think about it
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is a seafood place about thirty miles from here and we drive there for a shrimp po'boy sandwich. The restaurant is on the waterfront so we enjoy our food and watch the birds and the traffic on the water. It may be boring for some, but at our age, it is very relaxing and that is important to us oldies.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

We go to RaceTrac and split a large cappucino (.80 w/tax), then sit and talk. Or we will find a B1G1 coupon to somewhere we haven't been, and try it out. Or - our latest - I will give my husband the scissors and coupons to cut, and I'll sort them and write the shopping list, and then we hit the store and do our shopping and see how much we can save. Beats going grocery shopping alone (or with the kids).

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Budget101 View Post
    B101 Beat the Clock Challenge! Share your favorite (inexpensive) date ideas - when times are tough and you need to "get away from it all" what are some of your favorite things to do?

Be creative! This prize for the randomly selected winner will receive a Gift Certificate to a Restaurant in their area so they can enjoy their Own Date night!

This is a Beat the Clock challenge and it can end at any time, so hurry.
    I love to go the coast and listen to the roar of the ocean while spending time with my hubby. We think it is restful and a relaxing enjoyable time.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clasic country plays on radio on Saturday nights. Every once in a while we enjoy riding around like teenagers and listening (me very poorly singing along) to good clasic country songs. Being together and goofing off just makes me happy.

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

My second all time favorite date is tuned into our creative minds. We both love diy projects and that is what got us started on our favorite date. We load up just the two of us in the car and go to Lowe's or Home Depot and we search the aisles for ideas and designs we would like to incorporate into our next diy. Afterward we stop and grab a treat (usually ice cream) and a drink. We then take a quiet walk along the beach or river front.

My all time favorite is something we have only begun recently. When we need to get away we walk out our back door and take the steps down to the canal that backs our house. We sit on the wall and just breath in the fresh air (while contemplating if there really is an alligator living in the canal) and watching the water flow and fish jump. A very tranquil past time, at least till the mosquitoes start biting or a kid figures out where we are.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

We like to pull out our collections and play with them. Toy car collections are great fun!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast