Article: Fels Naptha vs Zote- vBCms Comments

Fels Naptha vs Zote - the true laundry challenge- learn the difference between the two and which one cleans better after extensive testing Read More: Article: Fels Naptha vs Zote

zote, naptha, fels, article, extensive, cleans, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=4213-fels-naptha-vs-zote, read, testing, laundry, true, challenge-, learn, difference

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Fels Naptha vs Zote

Fels Naptha vs Zote - the true laundry challenge- learn the difference between the two and which one cleans better after extensive testing

Read More: Article: Fels Naptha vs Zote
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just made first batch of super laundry detergent. Excited about the cost! Done a load of dishtowels and rags and felt they came out a bit stiff. Will need to continue using liquid fabric softeners. Thanks for this great site

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: Fels Naptha vs Zote

Quote Originally Posted by nani8046k View Post
    Just made first batch of super laundry detergent. Excited about the cost! Done a load of dishtowels and rags and felt they came out a bit stiff. Will need to continue using liquid fabric softeners. Thanks for this great site

They came out stiff? Did you hang them out to dry or are you talking that they felt stiff right out of the machine??

If so, test your water to see if it's Hard.
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

What about using Sunlight Laundry bars instead of either Zote or Fels Naptha? Has anyone tried that? If so, what were the results?

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't made either version yet, but am planning on making the Fels Naptha one tomorrow. I was just wondering if you had used the same 2.5 oz. of the Zote bar instead of using half of the bar maybe it wouldn't have been so sudsy. Either way, I'm looking forward to making this soap and saving my family some money. Thanks for all the wonderful recipes and this amazing site. It has been so helpful!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great info...I was wondering about the difference in these two soaps. I have made powder with Zote but the clothes weren't as clean as I like. I will use Fels next. Thanks this is a Great site.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just made this recipe using Zote before I found this forum. Lol check it out tomorrow in the laundry. I have used the Zote before but not in this concentration.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is great to know, because I was wondering if I could substitute the Zote for the F.N.... Now I know that come payday, when I try my first batch of the super duper laundry soap recipe, I will stick with the original recipe!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Been using this for 2 weeks the clothes and linens we regularly wear and use all are clean and do not irritate my skin. I am sensitive to soaps every year they
    'new & improved' all detergents out of my comfort zone.
    This Laundry sauce does not offend my skin or nose..
    Thank You so much

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love,love the Fels recipe and it really does get the clothes clean, I do use the homemade softener when I wash using the hair conditioner recipe . It makes the clothes pleasantly soft.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: Fels Naptha vs Zote

Quote Originally Posted by Mommybott View Post
    I haven't made either version yet, but am planning on making the Fels Naptha one tomorrow. I was just wondering if you had used the same 2.5 oz. of the Zote bar instead of using half of the bar maybe it wouldn't have been so sudsy. Either way, I'm looking forward to making this soap and saving my family some money. Thanks for all the wonderful recipes and this amazing site. It has been so helpful!
    My first batch of the super laundry sauce was a comparison between the two soaps. I cut the zote into 1/4 's so it was approx 3.5 oz .

It disolved fine in my H.E. It cleaned as well as the liquid detergent made with the zote.

After having made the liquid detergent for many years, I agree that fels naptha cleans better. Zote tends to leave the clothes dingy unless you hang the wet clothes out in the sun, then the optical brighteners activate.

For me, actually making the soap, I prefered to use the zote. Fels naptha has a scent that sends my allergies into high gear. But the super laundry soap has solved that.

DH chopps the soap and puts it with the water in the jar over night. The next day, The soap is jelled, so nothing is "airborne." After blending and adding the essential oils, the smell doesn't bother me at all.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've made the original recipe & love it. My honey does home remodels & my son lives in dirt. My laundry has never looked or felt better! I went nuts & made it for my family/close friends, they love it too. We've also found it works great in our carpet steam cleaner!!! Great value & multipurpose.... can't go wrong!!!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use Fels Naptha in my laundry detergent. Although I have been using a different "recipe" which involved cooking on the stove, I am going to give this one a whirl. But hands down Fels Naptha cleans a lot better. Since we started making our own soap the whites are brighter and the colors have actually faded less than with store bought detergents. Throw in some vinegar based fabric softner and even the dogs' blankets come out clean and smell fresh (a feat in and of itself since I have 4 dogs)

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use the laundry soap recipe but I add more water so its more of a gel than the sauce...and I use the homemade fabric softener recipe, which is mainly vinegar, which makes our clothes remarkably soft....the vinegar is what softens the clothes...and if you have hard water, mix in a couple tbsp of epsom salt to help with that!

Unregistered

I use the zote in my home made laundry detergent. It never leaves any issue on my clothes, my washer comes out cleaner, but the difference is that I use it in the dry homemade laundry soap, not the liquid. That may be the difference. We grate it in with the borax, baking powder, washing soda, oxiclean, and if we want, a bar of whatever bath soap smells good. Last round we used Ivory and our clothes came out with absolutely no scent, which is good for our baby girls. Fels naptha is not sold in any of my local stores, so i had to make do.