Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Fels Naptha vs Zote

Fels Naptha vs Zote - the true laundry challenge- learn the difference between the two and which one cleans better after extensive testing

Read More: Article: Fels Naptha vs Zote
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just made first batch of super laundry detergent. Excited about the cost! Done a load of dishtowels and rags and felt they came out a bit stiff. Will need to continue using liquid fabric softeners. Thanks for this great site

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: Fels Naptha vs Zote

Quote Originally Posted by nani8046k View Post
    Just made first batch of super laundry detergent. Excited about the cost! Done a load of dishtowels and rags and felt they came out a bit stiff. Will need to continue using liquid fabric softeners. Thanks for this great site

They came out stiff? Did you hang them out to dry or are you talking that they felt stiff right out of the machine??

If so, test your water to see if it's Hard.
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

What about using Sunlight Laundry bars instead of either Zote or Fels Naptha? Has anyone tried that? If so, what were the results?

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't made either version yet, but am planning on making the Fels Naptha one tomorrow. I was just wondering if you had used the same 2.5 oz. of the Zote bar instead of using half of the bar maybe it wouldn't have been so sudsy. Either way, I'm looking forward to making this soap and saving my family some money. Thanks for all the wonderful recipes and this amazing site. It has been so helpful!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great info...I was wondering about the difference in these two soaps. I have made powder with Zote but the clothes weren't as clean as I like. I will use Fels next. Thanks this is a Great site.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just made this recipe using Zote before I found this forum. Lol check it out tomorrow in the laundry. I have used the Zote before but not in this concentration.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is great to know, because I was wondering if I could substitute the Zote for the F.N.... Now I know that come payday, when I try my first batch of the super duper laundry soap recipe, I will stick with the original recipe!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast