1 Chicken= 5 Meals

1 Chicken= 5 Meals

1 Chicken= 5 Meals, how to get 5 complete meals from 1 single chicken, more than 10 different meal ideas for various tastes on a dirt cheap frugal budget Read More: Article: 1 Chicken= 5 Meals

meals, chicken=, article, tastes, frugal, read, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=4211-1-chicken-5-meal-challenge, budget, cheap, dirt, complete, single, meal, chicken, ideas

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: 1 Chicken= 5 Meals

1 Chicken= 5 Meals, how to get 5 complete meals from 1 single chicken, more than 10 different meal ideas for various tastes on a dirt cheap frugal budget

Read More: Article: 1 Chicken= 5 Meals
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like a plan! Good Ideas. I love chicken and I am always trying to think up ways to fix it.

Thanks!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great ideas, thank you. I just bought two whole chickens so gives me some delicious and frugal dinner options.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

I loved the idea of 1 Chicken, 5 meals so here is the menu plan I came up with

1 Deli Chicken (it was 4 lbs), roasted potatoes, broccoli
    Chicken Corn Chowder
    Chicken and CousCous salad
    Adobe chicken sandwiches (I used the chipotle mayo recipe here and just mix chicken chunks and chopped pickled jalapeno peppers)

It's only 4 meals because I chopped it all up and separated the meat and that's what I had enough for. Well, I guess I can make broth/soup from the bones, but I'd rather let the racoons have the carcass.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

What a great idea, thank you!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I usually buy the rotisserie chicken from the deli for around $6. I use the meat for meals and when we've used up as much as we could I add the carcass to a pot of water and make my own broth from it. I freeze celery when I have some leftover (usually the core), when adding the frozen celery to broth it breaks down quicker and you get more flavor for less. I use ice cube trays to freeze it and then put the cubes in gallon size freezer ziploc bags. I did this with scraps from pork I had and used the broth for ham and beans. My husband said it was the best ham and beans I have ever made!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great ideas. Walmart rotisserie chickens are the easiest and cn last a week for two.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent ideas! broth made with the carcass then turned into a soup with or without meat is also an idea.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast