newbie Ralph

I am not sure what to do here so be patient with me. I am a married man separated from a good woman. I am new at house keeping and need some suggestions. help with a breakfast put on by my lodge monthly. the towels we use to clean up with or dry the dishes with stink. I have soaked them in

clean, towels, lodge, monthly, dishes, soaked, tide, smell, clorox, borax, vinegar, stink, suggestions, patient, married, ralph, separated, newbie, breakfast, keeping, house, good, woman

Thread: newbie Ralph

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default newbie Ralph

I am not sure what to do here so be patient with me. I am a married man separated from a good woman. I am new at house keeping and need some suggestions. help with a breakfast put on by my lodge monthly. the towels we use to clean up with or dry the dishes with stink. I have soaked them in vinegar , borax, Clorox and tide. they still smell bad.

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: newbie Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    I am not sure what to do here so be patient with me. I am a married man separated from a good woman. I am new at house keeping and need some suggestions. help with a breakfast put on by my lodge monthly. the towels we use to clean up with or dry the dishes with stink. I have soaked them in vinegar , borax, Clorox and tide. they still smell bad.

Hi Ralph, welcome to the site! First, regarding breakfast... I would recommend the breakfast recipes forum and also the feeding big family cheap sections.. those both have recipes for feeding a crowd. Probably the easiest thing to do would be to grab some flour tortillas, scrambled up a few dozen eggs, sprinkle the eggs with shredded cheddar cheese, salt & pepper and crumbled cooked bacon. This will make a ton of simple, fairly cheap wraps, yet filling for guys. They stay hot easily in a tinfoil covered pan, don't require additional plates to eat off (aka no mess). They can be varied by adding sausage, diced onions/green peppers, salsa (hot or not), etc.

Regarding the soured dish clothes... I recommend the Laundry Sauce for Dummies recipe-but the first time you wash them, use 2 Tbs instead of 1 and allow them to soak for at least an hour. Is there a chance that there is mold in the washing machine that is causing the smell? There are some Front Loaders that were recalled for causing this particular issue.

Again, welcome to the site!
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: newbie Ralph

Hello and Welcome to Budget 101, Ralph! Good to have you here. Enjoy! Any questions, just ask. Good Luck! Thanks; Virginia