What's the Most Money-Saving Tip you ever received/learned?

What's the Most Money-Saving Tip you ever received/learned?

8/7 Budget101 Challenge Question: What is the Most Money saving-tip that you ever received or learned? Feel free to elaborate! In case you're wondering what you're playing for... The winner of Today's B101 Challenge will receive an Amazon Gift Card (The Amount is a Surprise!) and this challenge

b101 challenge, b101 challenge question, budget101 challenge, win amazon gift card, challenge, gift, amazon, receive, todays, winner, card, b101, 10pm, expires, surprise, amount, question, money, saving-tip, budget101, money-saving, received/learned, received, case, wondering, elaborate, learned, feel, free, playing

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What's the Most Money-Saving Tip you ever received/learned?

8/7 Budget101 Challenge Question: What is the Most Money saving-tip that you ever received or learned? Feel free to elaborate!

In case you're wondering what you're playing for... The winner of Today's B101 Challenge will receive an Amazon Gift Card (The Amount is a Surprise!) and this challenge expires aug 8 at 10pm

B101 Challenge Update Notification  Although this thread is open for discussion, this Challenge has ended and the lucky recipient was announced in the thread at the close. 

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: B101 Challenge: What's the Most Money-Saving Tip you ever received/learned?

The best money saving tip I ever learned was how to make my own laundry sauce/detergent. We were buying tide laundry soap for $17 a Month which is $204 a YEAR. Since we've been making the laundry sauce, I've made enough detergent to last a year for about $5. That was the single easiest, best money saving tip I ever read online.

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: B101 Challenge: What's the Most Money-Saving Tip you ever received/learned?

Don't impulse buy! Remember that you can only spend the money that you have once!! Always think before buying -- Say to yourself : Do I really need this? Give it a few minutes thought -- you might find something else you really do need and not have the money to get it, as you have already spent it on something you really do not need. (Just because you have checks left in your checkbook doesn't mean you still have money in your bank account!!) Thanks; Virginia

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

To stop buying a bunch of different products to deal with germs, wounds, acne, and various other things and invest in a big bottle of TEA TREE OIL! It has so many uses. It has helped clear up so many issues for every member of the household plus can be added to any natural cleaner I make.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

The best money saving tip I received was to wait 24 hours and think about it. If I lived without it I didn't need it.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I converted 2 large trashcans into rain barrels for about $20. I got the cans for free from a local trash company. I use the water collected to water my ornamental plants, outside planters, and house plants. My summer water bill has dropped by half.

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

The best money saving tip I ever got was from my mother who waitressed when she was younger. She said, whenever you're about to buy something you "think you need" stop and ask yourself is it worth ___ number of hours of your life?

Basically, if you're making $7 an hour and something costs $25- is that item worth 3.5 hours of your life? Because that's what is cost you to have that item. Even at my age now, when I go to make a purchase I stop and ask myself it that item is worth those hours of my life that I'll spend working just to obtain it.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

The bet money saving tip I ever learned is this new homemade laundry detergent. I had never even thought of making it homemade and the dollar saved!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast