Indianapolis, IN.

Unhappy Vines-Taking Over!

Help! I have some gorgeous hydrangea's, sage and other mature plants in my planting beds but this invasive vine has taken over and is choking them out! I've tried removing it but the thing just won't die. Seems that no matter how hard I try, I can't get to the root of it. Any suggestions?
    Just a guy looking for deals.

What's a Budget?

Default Re: Vines-Taking Over!

eww... it sounds like you might be dealing with bind weed but without a photo, I can't tell for sure. bindweed is the wild cousin of morning glory so if it looks like those only smaller flowers and pinkish white, that is probably what you have.
    It is difficult to eradicate. even a tiny bit of rootlet left will re-sprout. Sorry, hand pulling consistently over the year(s) is the best answer. Using shredded leaves as mulch may help a little.