Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Budget101 Challenge: Share your Favorite Back to School Lunch Bag Ideas

We've compiled a pretty big list of inexpensive hot and cold lunch ideas for back to school over here, but we'd love to hear your ideas, thoughts, recipes and input as well!

So much so that we're giving away a Keurig Coffee Pot system to one randomly drawn winner from each of the replies to this thread. So jump in and share your favorite ideas!

So are you up for the Challenge? What are YOUR best Back to School Lunch Ideas?
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Budget101 Challenge: Share your Favorite Back to School Lunch Bag Ideas

Well, when my youngest son wants tuna in his lunch, I will freeze his juice bag and that will double as an ice pack. It keeps the tuna cold and is ready for him to drink by lunch time. It will sweat so I will also wrap a paper towel around the juice bag to help keep things somewhat dry.

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Budget101 Challenge: Share your Favorite Back to School Lunch Bag Ideas

Leftovers, leftover & leftovers. A combination of last nights dinner (small portion) & yogurt & fruit. You need a combination of both hot & cold. Make your own iced tea for a beverage.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Freeze the Yogurt Squeeze ups and they will still be cold also freeze the milk and it will be cold. You can freeze seedless grapes for a good cold fruit to also pack for lunches.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

I put my ideas in the "Share your Favorite Back to School Lunch Bag Ideas" thread. I hope that's what I was supposed to do to enter. This site is proving very difficult for me to navigate. It's never really clear to me how to do what I want to do. Does that make any sense?

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lunch burritos: scrambled eggs, cheese, crispy potatoes, and sauteed veggies (onions, peppers, mushrooms, zucchini) rolled in a soft flour tortilla. Can be warned in the microwave, but is great at room temperature also!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I place the bread, meat, veggies, cheese, etc in separate bags. When we go out to restaurants I keep the small pkts of condiments and they can all be placed in a bag and the child or adult can put the sandwiches together at lunch. This method keeps everything fresh.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Using a variety of natural wraps (or flavored, w/coloring...i.e., sun-dried tomato flavored/red tinted), create several, 8"-10" 'logs', each with distinctly different fillers. Select assorted colors,textures,and flavors of the meats, cheeses, spreads, veggies, frosting (yes!), ANYTHING your kids like best. Stack each item, evenly distributed over the whole area. Tightly roll the wrap from one side, over & over, to the opposite side. Either tuck in the ends or slice off any overhang for a 'clean' edge. Slice the wrap into as many 2"-3" servings that each 'log' will allow. Finally, take one or two servings of each variety, lining them up back-to-back on a sheet of wax paper or tin foil (plastic wrap may not be sturdy enough, but is the most visually appealing). Wrap the log in a nice & tight "candy wrapper" fashion. Your child will have a fun variety of combo's to eat, served up in Sushi Roll style!! This is great for offering variety and cutting out prep time from your schedule. Remaining portions can be served as snacks or again, in the next days' lunch bag!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast