Budget101 Challenge: Share your Favorite Back to School Lunch Bag Ideas- Budget101 Discussion List

We've compiled a pretty big list of inexpensive hot and cold lunch ideas for back to school over here, but we'd love to hear your ideas, thoughts, recipes and input as well! :coffeebath:So much so that we're giving away a Keurig Coffee Pot system to one randomly drawn winner from each of the

back to school, back to school lunch ideas, back to school lunch recipes, newbies, enjoy, section, virginia, introduce, back, school, favorite, challenge, share, lunch, nana.chickies, budget101, budget, ideas, good

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Budget101 Challenge: Share your Favorite Back to School Lunch Bag Ideas

We've compiled a pretty big list of inexpensive hot and cold lunch ideas for back to school over here, but we'd love to hear your ideas, thoughts, recipes and input as well!

So much so that we're giving away a Keurig Coffee Pot system to one randomly drawn winner from each of the replies to this thread. So jump in and share your favorite ideas!

So are you up for the Challenge? What are YOUR best Back to School Lunch Ideas?
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Budget101 Challenge: Share your Favorite Back to School Lunch Bag Ideas

Well, when my youngest son wants tuna in his lunch, I will freeze his juice bag and that will double as an ice pack. It keeps the tuna cold and is ready for him to drink by lunch time. It will sweat so I will also wrap a paper towel around the juice bag to help keep things somewhat dry.

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Budget101 Challenge: Share your Favorite Back to School Lunch Bag Ideas

Leftovers, leftover & leftovers. A combination of last nights dinner (small portion) & yogurt & fruit. You need a combination of both hot & cold. Make your own iced tea for a beverage.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Freeze the Yogurt Squeeze ups and they will still be cold also freeze the milk and it will be cold. You can freeze seedless grapes for a good cold fruit to also pack for lunches.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

I put my ideas in the "Share your Favorite Back to School Lunch Bag Ideas" thread. I hope that's what I was supposed to do to enter. This site is proving very difficult for me to navigate. It's never really clear to me how to do what I want to do. Does that make any sense?

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lunch burritos: scrambled eggs, cheese, crispy potatoes, and sauteed veggies (onions, peppers, mushrooms, zucchini) rolled in a soft flour tortilla. Can be warned in the microwave, but is great at room temperature also!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I place the bread, meat, veggies, cheese, etc in separate bags. When we go out to restaurants I keep the small pkts of condiments and they can all be placed in a bag and the child or adult can put the sandwiches together at lunch. This method keeps everything fresh.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Using a variety of natural wraps (or flavored, w/coloring...i.e., sun-dried tomato flavored/red tinted), create several, 8"-10" 'logs', each with distinctly different fillers. Select assorted colors,textures,and flavors of the meats, cheeses, spreads, veggies, frosting (yes!), ANYTHING your kids like best. Stack each item, evenly distributed over the whole area. Tightly roll the wrap from one side, over & over, to the opposite side. Either tuck in the ends or slice off any overhang for a 'clean' edge. Slice the wrap into as many 2"-3" servings that each 'log' will allow. Finally, take one or two servings of each variety, lining them up back-to-back on a sheet of wax paper or tin foil (plastic wrap may not be sturdy enough, but is the most visually appealing). Wrap the log in a nice & tight "candy wrapper" fashion. Your child will have a fun variety of combo's to eat, served up in Sushi Roll style!! This is great for offering variety and cutting out prep time from your schedule. Remaining portions can be served as snacks or again, in the next days' lunch bag!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well I would put a hot or cold lunch in a paper sack with plastic utensils because I remember going to school and it was much easier to throw everything out then to remember to bring it all home. As for the lunch material a simple PB&J with chips and an apple. A juice box and maybe sometimes a soda. Don't forget a treat and a sweet note saying Have a great day! -love mom. You could always replace the sandwich with a cheese and bologna. Just remember to change it up and make it exciting.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cheesy Turkey Roll-Ups
    3 slices turkey
    cream cheese, softened
    3 strips bell pepper
    Spread turkey slices with cream cheese. Place pepper strip on one end of turkey slice and roll! With juice, four or five triscuit-type crackers and a big cookie...this makes a nice lunch.

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I think of school lunches, what comes to mind is that old standby; Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches (with Grape Jelly) or just plain Peanut Butter Sandwiches. Might not be the best choice, but it was a favorite of mine (good thing, as it was pretty much all that we had). It was a real treat if you could get some Milk to go with your lunch, but Water worked to wash it down as well. Also works for snacks or for an evening meal. Thanks; Virginia

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

I like to make a 20 quart stock pot full of vegetable soup or beef and noodles. I cook the soup so the noodle are 3 minutes from done. we will have one serving for supper and the rest are frozen in the small round, screw lid container. when I need lunch I have a can of healthier homemade soup made just the way I like it. since it is frozen, I can leave it at my desk and not worry about the gross fridge at work.

for school lunches. my kids favorite is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I peanut butter both sides of the bread and jelly in the middle keeps the bread from getting soggy. then I give them these Budget101.com - - Crunchy honey Granola bars | Copycat Nature Valley Granola Bars their favorites. with a cut up apple or orange(sprinkle of lemon juice keeps apple from turning dark) bottle of water and they are good to go.

My daughter likes to take homemade soup, heat it up to it is really hot and put it in a 12 ounce thermos. this has a folding spoon that fits on the top. she will take a cup of soup and the mess is confined inside the thermos.

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Alusa View Post
    I put my ideas in the "Share your Favorite Back to School Lunch Bag Ideas" thread. I hope that's what I was supposed to do to enter. This site is proving very difficult for me to navigate. It's never really clear to me how to do what I want to do. Does that make any sense?
    Ms. Alusa, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties with navigating the site. There are currently over 400,000 pages of info here, so navigation can sometimes be hard to figure out. There are 3 Main Sections:

Forums- where everyone goes to Talk/chat/post questions/ etc. The forums are divided in multiple categories to make finding answers to your questions a bit easier.

Articles- this is where the owners generally share lengthy recipes, do it yourself ideas, tips and tricks, etc. This is also divided into sections, but the content is usually added by the site owner.

Blogs- this is where you can share your thoughts, worries, joys, blurbs about what's currently going on it your life, struggles and successes.

There are also lots of little places to go.. like groups- where you can meet with like minded people to discuss a particular topic, such as photography or homeschooling.

There are Albums- where you can share your own photographs and food recipe photos, family photos etc

Hope that helps you!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

always put celery sticks, crackers and cheese, or other fruits. Better than candy for the child.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I always make my husbands meal the night before with leftovers from dinner. Then in the morning I add a banana and a "dessert" like some fruit snacks because he can easily eat them during his break. I always hide something special somewhere in his lunch box that he has to find. A note or Hershey's Kiss something small like that. So he knows I was thinking about him.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast