Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Homemade Laundry Soap

I would like to know if the homemade laundry soap can be stored in plastic containers rather than glass jars. It sounds like an inexpensive laundry product and I can't wait to try it!

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Homemade Laundry Soap

Hello and Welcome to Budget 101, MsGail! Good to have you here. Enjoy! In answer to your question, yes, I believe you can use plastic instead of glass if you would prefer (for dry or liquid) laundry soap storage. Thanks; Virginia

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I make the dry version of laundry soap and store it in a plastic Rubbermaid cereal container with no issues.

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, MsGail! I hope you are enjoying the site. Hello and Welcome to Budget 101, Garden249! Good to have you here. Enjoy! Any questions, just ask. Thanks; Virginia

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

So excited I stumbled on this website! And doubly excited about the Homemade Laundry Soap. I had made this recipe before but the dry version and substituted Ivory for Fels Naptha. I was not satisfied with the cleanliness of our clothes. I will try again with the Fels Naptha.
    The pan that you cook your soap in, is it a certain type of metal and can you use it for food once you have used it to cook your soap?
    Also, I would like to put essential oils in my soap and was wondering about the amount and if best to add after the cooking process?