Pressure cooker/pressure canner.

Hello. I have a pressure canner given to my by my Aunt. I would like to know if it can be used as a pressure cooker. Also I'd like to know how to test it out and see if it is working. I've been terrified to use it so it's been sitting up for a few years. Can anyone give me any advice on how to test

advice, aunt, bee, border, canner, cooker, cooking, est, face, hey, how to, left, office, pressure, sit, sitting, size, test, working, years, cooker/pressure, give, carol, terrified

carolmcnally@sbcglobal.net>

Default Pressure cooker/pressure canner.

Hello. I have a pressure canner given to my by my Aunt. I would like to know if it can be used as a pressure cooker. Also I'd like to know how to test it out and see if it is working. I've been terrified to use it so it's been sitting up for a few years. Can anyone give me any advice on how to test and use a pressure canner and if it can be used for pressure cooking?

thanks
    Carol

dash

<FONT face="RomanaTLig" color="#800000" size="5">If you have a county extension office..... they usually can help with this. dash
    <BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #800000 2px solid;">

Hello. I have a pressure canner given to my by my Aunt. I would like to know if it can be used as a pressure cooker. Also I'd like to know how to test it out and see if it is working. I've been terrified to use it so it's been sitting up for a few years. Can anyone give me any advice on how to test and use a pressure canner and if it can be used for pressure cooking?

Randal

I don't know if it can be used as a pressure cooker, but where I live (Missouri) the county extension people will check pressure canners for safety if you take it by their office.

Randal

Hope Ware

I don't know if it can be used as a regular pressure cooker. But, I

can advise you that your local cooperative extension service should

have a free service to test your canner for you. We just have to call

our extension service and make an appointment. It takes about 15

minutes to test. So some folks drop off their canner and then pick it

up later. They advise testing them once a year.

Hope64