Thread: Hello from VA

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hello from VA

I'm a newbie to all this, too. Just signed up here today after browsing this amazing site a good part of the morning. Oh, and I'm not just new to this site. This is actually my very first post ever -- anywhere!! My excuse in the past (for not taking the plunge into the 21st century) was t-i-m-e and not enough of it, but since I have an abundance of that now, here goes... My story is one that lots of folks out there can identify with. It's true, I lost my job a few weeks ago. Not the thing you ever want to have happen (by the world's standards), but honestly folks, I have never been so glad in my whole life to not have to do something I am no longer passionate about. I know that sounds ungrateful (since my income was the greater of the two), but sometimes things happen for very good reasons like blessings in disguise that stretch us out of our comfort zones moving us toward the things we were passionate about in the first place --things we may never have had the courage to do on our own. So as crazy at it may seem, I'm almost excited about moving toward a simpler and downsized life, since I've always called myself frugal (at heart). Some of my earliest and fondest memories are summer days spent spent canning pickles or looking over beans and peas to freeze on my grandmother's farm as a kid. Also loved the college days of thrift shopping and making curtains with sheets (lonnng before the days of hgtv) out of necessity, not just to be cool. Looking back now, I never would have learned how to do those things had there been an endless supply of accessible cash on hand. Umm, kinda like now...speaking of endless supplies of cash not laying around. Funny how spending all those years trading time for $$ has spurred on a secret yearning for something more....or should I say less?

Sooo, I said all that to say this....Looking forward to trying some of these great recipes, linking up with new friends, and exercising my frugal abilities once again. Did I mention I'm making my own detergent later this afternoon for the first time? Let the adventures begin!!

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hello from VA

Hello and Welcome to Budget 101, Frugal2aFault! Good to have you here. Enjoy! Thanks; Virginia