Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    dash

Default Are you ready for Christmas?

<FONT face="RomanaTLig" color="#800000" size="5">How is everyone buying Christmas gifts or making them or whatever, for Christmas this year to keep costs down?
    <FONT face="RomanaTLig" color="#800000" size="5">
    <FONT face="RomanaTLig" color="#800000" size="5">I am almost finished with my shopping ... and thought this might be a good subject to talk about in budgeting and saving and not wasting...dash

CeCe Sweet

Restaurant.com had a 80 percent off all their certificates on the 8th.
    I bought everyone certificates for restaurants in their area, and will put it in cards.

My kids? My youngest (17 with high functioning autism) is getting movies and TV show sets from half.com. My oldest is graduating from college around Christmas and I am going to throw him a graduation party (using one of those certificates). I will also take him to the movies on Christmas Day and out to eat.

I have odds and ends that I have from garage sales, but basically that's it. I'm finished.

CeCe

dash

<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #800000 2px solid;">
    I also bought from garage sales this year, many things still in original wrappers. I have 10 grandkids to buy for and other gifts but I am getting close to "done" too.. dash

<TABLE cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" border="0">

<TD vAlign="top">
    Restaurant.com had a 80 percent off all their certificates on the 8th.
    I bought everyone certificates for restaurants in their area, and will put it in cards.

My kids? My youngest (17 with high functioning autism) is getting movies and TV show sets from half.com. My oldest is graduating from college around Christmas and I am going to throw him a graduation party (using one of those certificates). I will also take him to the movies on Christmas Day and out to eat.

I have odds and ends that I have from garage sales, but basically that's it. I'm finished.

CeCe

Laura Rose

This might not help but you should start watching amazon soon, they end up having some amazing sales for Christmas. Last year I only bought from them, I had to get toys for my 3 daughters and I ended up getting them more then usual and spending less money. They had some of the big items that I normally would have passed up in the stores because of the high prices but I got them for cheap, like the life sized Dora Doll $85 in stores..30 on amazing and the Dora Talking Vanity 70 in stores..24 on Amazon. Im putting money aside now and going to start hitting them up on black friday and hopefully it will work out as well this year as it did last.

--- On Sat, 8/9/08, dash <dash4@charter.net> wrote:
    <blockquote style="border-left: 2px solid rgb(16, 16, 255);">From: dash
    <dash4@charter.net>
    Subject: Budget101.com : Are you ready for Christmas?
    To: Undisclosed-Recipient@yahoo.com
    Date: Saturday, August 9, 2008, 8:56 AM

<div id="yiv1051142094">

<font color="#800000" face="RomanaTLig" size="5">How is everyone buying Christmas gifts or making them or whatever, for Christmas this year to keep costs down?
    <font color="#800000" face="RomanaTLig" size="5">
    <font color="#800000" face="RomanaTLig" size="5">I am almost finished with my shopping ... and thought this might be a good subject to talk about in budgeting and saving and not wasting...dash
    [/quote]

Dee Bleau

I have not started yet. I actualyl was talkingto my hsuband last night abotu getting a WII for the kids. And that would be pretty much all they get. He agreed which totally surprised me. And then a few little things. SO I guess I will be going to put that on layaway in thenext coupleweeks. and then start picking upthings for everyone else.

Laura Rose <lexibethr@yahoo.com> wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE class="replbq" style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px
    solid;"> <TABLE cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" border="0"> <TD vAlign="top">This might not help but you should start watching amazon soon, they end up having some amazing sales for Christmas. Last year I only bought from them, I had to get toys for my 3 daughters and I ended up getting them more then usual and spending less money. They had some of the big items that I normally would have passed up in the stores because of the high prices but I got them for cheap, like the life sized Dora Doll $85 in stores..30 on amazing and the Dora Talking Vanity 70 in stores..24 on Amazon. Im putting money aside now and going to start hitting them up on black friday and
    hopefully it will work out as well this year as it did last.

--- On Sat, 8/9/08, dash <dash4@charter.net> wrote:
    Subject: Budget101.com : Are you ready for Christmas?
    To: Undisclosed-Recipient@yahoo.com
    Date: Saturday, August 9, 2008, 8:56 AM

<DIV id="yiv1051142094"> <FONT face="RomanaTLig" color="#800000" size="5">How is everyone buying Christmas gifts or making them or whatever, for Christmas this year to keep costs down? <FONT face="RomanaTLig" color="#800000" size="5"> <FONT face="RomanaTLig" color="#800000" size="5">I am almost finished with my shopping ... and thought this might be a good subject to talk about in budgeting and saving and not
    wasting...dash

CeCe Sweet

I'd like to know what stores have layaway now.
    I don't know of any.

CeCe

joy elliott

Well I'm giving Help I'm snowed in boxs for Christmas for my brother and his

family and my brother in law and his family. In the box I'm putting a candle

matches, flash light, cookie mix in a jar, hot cocoa mix and mugs (which I

bought for .25 after christmas, a puzzle some little books with like word search

and sakoue (sp?) Actually I forgot what I have put in the boxs. I have been

buying and wrapping stuff all year long.

Have A Blessed Day

Joy

dash

<FONT face="RomanaTLig" color="#800000" size="5">That is a wonderful idea..... I think I will make car emergency kits for the adult kids. I never can think of something special and that might just be IT!!!!!! dash
    <BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #800000 2px solid;">
    Well I'm giving Help I'm snowed in boxs for Christmas for my brother and his family and my brother in law and his family. In the box I'm putting a candle matches, flash light, cookie mix in a jar, hot cocoa mix and mugs (which I bought for .25 after christmas, a puzzle some little books with like word search and sakoue (sp?) Actually I forgot what I have put in the boxs. I have been buying and wrapping stuff all year long.
    Have A Blessed Day
    Joy

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast