Charlene Ada Willoughby

Default Lucy, charging 18 yr old

This month I had no money food food budgeted and I even stopped paying the credit cards and the medical bills. And you think we wouldn't starve? I feel the phones are a safety measure and the car is a legal issue, I have to take them to Montana because I have a court order.

Char

Lucy Anderson

I have the same type of court order - I provide 1/2 transportation. Does it

specifically say "by car"? Mine doesn't.

Do you get absolutely no income per month? I thought you got some child

support? VA benefits? I would choose to eat ahead of having the "safety"

of a cell phone.

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Charlene Ada Willoughby <

adanaturkey8385@webband.com> wrote:

> This month I had no money food food budgeted and I even stopped paying

> the credit cards and the medical bills.

Suzi McMullen

Have you contacted local food pantries? No one should ever starve in this country.The 16 year old is not your 18 year olds responsibility. But it's never tooearly for her to face the realities of what needs to be paid for either. If she moves out, what would you do differently? Since you are using aliving room to sleep in taking on a roommate is out of the question.

My mother is on disability but she does quite a bit still to help watch kids in the daycare. Could you take a couple of children in to care for during the week? You could do only toddlers that can walk. That way you can lay a towel on the couch and have them climb up to have their diaper changed. You don't have to lug on them. My mother NEVER picks up the ones that can do for themselves. She even makes the potty training boys climb up on the toilet themselves. I don't have the patience to wait. I just lug on the kids and then end up with a sore back LOL! I guess I should learn from my mother.

Suzi
    [quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 2:07 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Lucy, charging 18 yr old

This month I had no money food food budgeted and I even stopped paying the credit cards and the medical bills. And you think we wouldn't starve? I feel the phones are a safety measure and the car is a legal issue, I have to take them to Montana because I have a court order.

Char

Samantha Berns

This is the emergency food program funded by the government. go to the website and look up your state and county where there are providers. All you do is show up with a photo ID and a box of food will be given. I do believe that they ask for you to verify income. But it will help out with food. Please look into it. I hate to hear about people who cannot afford to feed their children. Thanks.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/fdd/programs/tefap/