How does it work?

Do you like it?

How much does it cost?

Thanks

Sandra

Marion Johnson

Default Magic Jack?

Hi Sandra,

My name is Marion Johnson, and I do own a magic Jack. I have saved hundreds of dollars with this device. I have owned it for about 8 months now and it has worked flawlessly. I have heard others say that they had a problem setting it up, but my setup went smoothly.

It costs $19.99 per year normally, but I purchased a five year plan, and it was $45.00 for the five years. I even got a local area code.

Thanks,
    Marion
    [quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 10:23 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Magic Jack?

Please tell me:
    Do you have this?
    How does it work?
    Do you like it?
    How much does it cost?
    Thanks
    Sandra

Debbie

Default Magic Jack?

<FONT face="Arial" color="#0000ff">I got mine it worked for a week, then had to keep unplugging it and replugging it so I could make a call out or so people could hear me or clear out noises. I was told to make sure my phone is in the back usb jack and they were the ones to tell me unplug and wait several minutes and then plug back in. Now no one can call me. They get a message that all circuits are busy or it will ring then make a noise and that is all. The only way to call me is by a cell phone. I contacted them so many times and they can't fix it. They told me to plug my jack into another computer, well we only have this one. They told me to get a corded phone and try that. I can't. My computer is in a bed room so I have to have a cordless to use it in the rest of the house. Nothing worked and I have to get my regular phone back. I am so frustrated and I am sending it back.
    <FONT face="Arial" color="#0000ff">I was really hopeful and thought at first, having to unplug and plug it in here and there is no big deal for the money I save, but when its all the time and now no one can call me. That is it. I can't wait till my phone gets hooked up on Monday now. I will never complain again about the phone bill. I am just glad to have a phone I can call out with no trouble and recieve calls. No more hearing people say hello, hello because they can't hear me.
    <FONT face="Arial" color="#0000ff">I have heard some positive things from people that had no trouble, I am not sure why I do.
    <FONT face="Arial" color="#0000ff">
    <FONT face="Arial" color="#0000ff">Debbie
    <BLOCKQUOTE dir="ltr" style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid;">
    Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 10:23 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Magic Jack?

Please tell me:
    Do you have this?
    How does it work?
    Do you like it?
    How much does it cost?
    Thanks
    Sandra

<PRE>No virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.5.12/1596 - Release Date: 8/6/2008 4:55 PM
    </PRE>

Charlene Ada Willoughby

Default Magic Jack?

I wish I could fax with majicjack!

Char

[quote]

Nicole Argendorf

Default Magic Jack?

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, "sandra" <imslb63@...> wrote:

>

> Please tell me:

> Do you have this?

> How does it work?

> Do you like it?

> How much does it cost?

> Thanks

> Sandra

>

My best friend Becky who lives in PA tried magic jack. IT DOESNT

WORK!!!! She used it once to call me and it was terrible..She sent it

right back for a refund. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

Debbie

Default Magic Jack?

<FONT face="Arial" color="#0000ff">maybe magic jack just doesn't like Pa. there is where I live, or at least the mountain areas. I can't get a cell phone signal here either.
    <FONT face="Arial" color="#0000ff">
    <FONT face="Arial" color="#0000ff">Debbie
    <BLOCKQUOTE dir="ltr" style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid;">
    Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 12:00 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Re: Magic Jack?

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, "sandra" <imslb63@...> wrote:
    >
    > Please tell me:
    > Do you have this?
    > How does it work?
    > Do you like it?
    > How much does it cost?
    > Thanks
    > Sandra
    >
    My best friend Becky who lives in PA tried magic jack. IT DOESNT
    WORK!!!! She used it once to call me and it was terrible..She sent it
    right back for a refund. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.5.12/1597 - Release Date: 8/7/2008 5:54 AM
    </PRE>

ATM

Default Magic Jack?

Hi. I fax with Magic Jack. I just plug the fax line directly into Magic Jack and use the fax, then reconnect phone line. I have considered using a 2 way plug so the fax can be on all the time but am unsure if it will mess anything up so I haven't done it. But the faxing works no problem with plugging directly in when i need to fax.

Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 10:36 AM
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Magic Jack?

I wish I could fax with majicjack!

Char

[quote]

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.5.12/1597 - Release Date: 8/7/2008 5:54 AM
    </PRE>

Jacqui Caruso

Default Magic Jack?

We were in FL on a short "getaway" and our friends own MagicJack for their business line and they are now going to change the house phone over to MJ also. It worked so great WE are now getting it ourselves!

While we were there there was a slight "hiccup" and they just unplugged it from the pc and plugged it back in and it was good as gold!!

For the savings... I am all about a simple unplug & replug every now & again.

I did go online with BBB.com and check everything out. They were several complaints HOWEVER they were from people that had done the "free 30 day trial" and not returned the device within the 30 days as advertised. It was not for poor quality or not being as advertised. People just didn&#39;t read what they signed up for and after 30 days and no receipt of equipment they charged them for one year as stated in the advertisement.

My friends do use a corded phone with it so I am not sure if that is why they have no issues with the one phone line but after reading a few other responses they time they did have to replug it was with the cordless phones! I know the technology is not great for wireless. However while we were there my husband called our phone company and had our phone bill lowered $40 by making our phone dial in only. If we dial out it is 10 cents per minute which is why we are considering MJ. I can live with using only corded phones and having a outbound cell phone to have locals callus back. I spend about $60 a month on cell phones and most everyone we talk to is with our cell company so there is no minute usage. Maybe I will get my dd a added on line for cell outbound calling as her friends are also all AT&T users... LOTS of options now. Man I know my Grandparents are spinning in their graves over all the options now!!

Just realizing sheis rambling..

Jacqui C. in NE Georgia

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 10:23 PM, sandra <imslb63@webtv.net> wrote:

Please tell me:
    Do you have this?
    How does it work?
    Do you like it?
    How much does it cost?

Thanks
    Sandra[/quote]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast