Air Conditioner

Air Conditioner

I am a big whiner and do not like to uncomfortable....well July 3rd my Heat pump went out. Of course it is a long weekend but my ex husband is a HVAC tech. He comes over checks it out...DEAD..not fixable..oh well actually compressor can be fixed for $3,000 or new system for $7000. Well we cannot do

3rd, big, cold, conditioner, day, excited, face, finally, friday, home, hot, house, info, july, list, monday, star, talk, time, video, thought, pump, heat, weeks, clothes, floor, started, month, people, 24x7, pool, swimming, stopped, running, bill, electrical, long, line, dryer, ready, degrees, amazes, saved, hoo-ing, conversation, messenger, http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=txt_taglm_wl_refresh_messenger_video_072008, live, windows, face-to-face

Thread: Air Conditioner

Tressa Watts

Default Air Conditioner

I am a big whiner and do not like to uncomfortable....well July 3rd my Heat pump went out. Of course it is a long weekend but my ex husband is a HVAC tech. He comes over checks it out...DEAD..not fixable..oh well actually compressor can be fixed for $3,000 or new system for $7000. Well we cannot do anything in the 100 degree weather until Monday as everythign was closed Friday the 4th. I finally get some quotes after 2 weeks (everyone was swamped) got my new heat pump installed after a miserable 2 weeks in the hottest part of summer....I have to admit....it wasnt so bad week 2.I was actually getting used to it. Work I was actually cold because we had the A/C so low. Now at home I am actually keeping my A/C at 74 instead of 70 . PLUS I started hanging all our clothes on a clothes line since there was NO WAY we using a dryer at 95 degrees in the house all ready!

I am so excited to see my electrical bill this month. We also by the info of people on this list stopped running our swimming pool 24X7. (thought you had to..lOL) It amazes me how many things I thought I would die without and even if it was only a short time it wasnt as bad as I thought.

Now if I can quit boo hoo-ing about my new floor I cannot get because we had used all I had saved for a floor on the new heat pump....

<hr>Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started.

Kanette

Default Air Conditioner

<div style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;">Wow I would freeze at 74!!! I live in the Dallas area and it is HOT HOT HOT, I keep our ac at 83 during the day (I'm the only one home at that time - DH is very hot natured)and 76 at night. Do you have a programmable thermostat to raise the temp while you are not home, this has saved us a lot of money. <DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">

----- Original Message ----
    To: budgetgroup <budget101_@yahoogroups.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:54:48 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Air Conditioner

I am a big whiner and do not like to uncomfortable. ...well July 3rd my Heat pump went out. Of course it is a long weekend but my ex husband is a HVAC tech. He comes over checks it out...DEAD.. not fixable..oh well actually compressor can be fixed for $3,000 or new system for $7000. Well we cannot do anything in the 100 degree weather until Monday as everythign was closed Friday the 4th. I finally get some quotes after 2 weeks (everyone was swamped) got my new heat pump installed after a miserable 2 weeks in the hottest part of summer....I have to admit....it wasnt so bad week 2.I was actually getting used to it. Work I was actually cold because we had the A/C so low. Now at home I am actually keeping my A/C at 74 instead of 70 . PLUS I started hanging all our clothes on a clothes line since there was NO WAY we using a dryer at 95 degrees in the house all ready!
    I am so excited to see my electrical bill this month. We also by the info of people on
    this list stopped running our swimming pool 24X7. (thought you had to..lOL) It amazes me how many things I thought I would die without and even if it was only a short time it wasnt as bad as I thought.
    Now if I can quit boo hoo-ing about my new floor I cannot get because we had used all I had saved for a floor on the new heat pump....

Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started.

sunshine052701

Default Air Conditioner

I have a hut tub and in the summer can i shut it down a couple days

here and there esapecially when the temp is HOT over 85-90 without

any bad affects on the water, or the heat element???

It usre contributes to the high electric bill. Any help is great...

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, Tressa Watts <TressaPSGT@...>

wrote:

>

> I am a big whiner and do not like to uncomfortable....well July

3rd my Heat pump went out. Of course it is a long weekend but my ex

husband is a HVAC tech. He comes over checks it out...DEAD..not

fixable..oh well actually compressor can be fixed for $3,000 or new

system for $7000. Well we cannot do anything in the 100 degree

weather until Monday as everythign was closed Friday the 4th. I

finally get some quotes after 2 weeks (everyone was swamped) got my

new heat pump installed after a miserable 2 weeks in the hottest

part of summer....I have to admit....it wasnt so bad week 2.I was

actually getting used to it. Work I was actually cold because we had

the A/C so low. Now at home I am actually keeping my A/C at 74

instead of 70 . PLUS I started hanging all our clothes on a clothes

line since there was NO WAY we using a dryer at 95 degrees in the

house all ready!

> I am so excited to see my electrical bill this month. We also by

the info of people on this list stopped running our swimming pool

24X7. (thought you had to..lOL) It amazes me how many things I

thought I would die without and even if it was only a short time it

wasnt as bad as I thought.

> Now if I can quit boo hoo-ing about my new floor I cannot get

because we had used all I had saved for a floor on the new heat

pump....

> __________________________________________________ _______________

> Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live

Messenger.

> http://www.windowslive.com/messenger...your_way.html?

ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_messenger_video_072008

>

Idodc@aol.com

Default Air Conditioner

Our AC broke 3 summers ago... they want $5000 to replace it so we do not have one..... we have fans in all the windows and 1 little (it will not completely cool the room) window fan near the computer. Our house has a completely open floor plan so we can't hole up in 1 room with an AC unless it is a bedroom....and we do not have a/c in there either.... yes it does get warm (read HOT, I am in NC, temp yesterday was 98) but you actually do adjust to it... the real bad part to the ac/heat pump going out is I had to replace something for heat... We bought 2 propane heaters and they are used completely for heating the house... I like them, if the power goes out (ice storm, etc) we do atleast have heat...

alana

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

Ann Garner

Default Air Conditioner

At 09:54 PM 7/23/2008, you wrote:

>Wow I would freeze at 74!!! I live in the Dallas area and it is HOT

>HOT HOT, I keep our ac at 83 during the day (I'm the only one home

>at that time - DH is very hot natured) and 76 at night. Do you have

>a programmable thermostat to raise the temp while you are not home,

>this has saved us a lot of money.

I, too, would freeze at 74. In fact, I have the windows open right

now, with the outside temp of 77. Normally the AC does not come on

until the temp reaches near 90 if it's just the cats and me, and if

it's not too humid. I work in a hot environment and I'm used to the

temperature. For those that want to raise the thermostat, you don't

have to do it all at once. Just go up a few degrees until your

family gets used to it, then a week or so later, add a few more

degrees. The same idea works when you lower it for winter

temperatures. After all, nature usually does a gradual change, why

should we not use the same idea?

Ann in Arkansas

Tressa Watts

Default Air Conditioner

wow..I complained about 2 weeks...I couldnt do it. I could not sleep. Of course

we didnt go out and buy fans etc because we knew it woudl only be 2 weeks and I

didnt want to spend the money for a short period but we did run all 5 ceiling

fans and opened windows at night etc..but when it only drops to 85 at night and

is 105 during the day it doesnt cool off. Thankfully the pool was nice and cool

and I woudl get up in the middle of night unable to sleep and jump in the pool

and go back to bed.

We also went ahead and got a duct cleaning and sealant that we will get a $400

rebate back from the PUD. This will help with our electricity bill also.

I can scrimp on other stuff but not my comfort level. Thankfully I had been

saving for new flooring and fridge. Just the week before we got quotes etc on

costs. Glad we didnt go ahead and buy it already....back to square one on savng

for my floors...I hate carpet!

Idodc@aol.com

Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Re: Air Conditioner

Our AC broke 3 summers ago... they want $5000 to replace it so we do not have

one..... we have fans in all the windows and 1 little (it will not completely

cool the room)

Tressa Watts

Default Air Conditioner

before this I kept it at 71 and would bring down to 70. We have a programable Thermostat but I never knew how to work it..LOL My ex husband was HVAC tech and I wasnt allowed to touch it cause I like to feel the airflow. I dont like stagnet air...LOL

My new system has a new thermostat and I can actually work it...YAH!

<HR id="EC_stopSpelling">

To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:09:09 -0500
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Air Conditioner

At 09:54 PM 7/23/2008, you wrote:
    >Wow I would freeze at 74!!! I live in the Dallas area and it is HOT
    >HOT HOT, I keep our ac at 83 during the day (I'm the only one home
    >at that time - DH is very hot natured) and 76 at night. Do you have
    >a programmable thermostat to raise the temp while you are not home,
    >this has saved us a lot of money.
    I, too, would freeze at 74. In fact, I have the windows open right
    now, with the outside temp of 77. Normally the AC does not come on
    until the temp reaches near 90 if it's just the cats and me, and if
    it's not too humid. I work in a hot environment and I'm used to the
    temperature. For those that want to raise the thermostat, you don't
    have to do it all at once. Just go up a few degrees until your
    family gets used to it, then a week or so later, add a few more
    degrees. The same idea works when you lower it for winter
    temperatures. After all, nature usually does a gradual change, why
    should we not use the same idea?

Ann in Arkansas

<hr>Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!