Anyone hear about B. Electmart Company?- Mystery Shopping

They just sent my husband an acceptance letter with a check for nearly $1300.00. You have to activate the check online before depositing it (I guess to agree to the jobs). I have never done mystery shopping and not sure if this is procedure or not. I cannot locate them on BBB. What should we do?

answers, bank, check, company, contacted, email, fake, hat, hope, index, mar, mart, post, question, scam, sounds, tac, url, user, yahoo, jobs, guess, shopping, agree, mystery, procedure, locate, husband, hear, electmart, acceptance, letter, activate, online, depositing, $1300.00

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone hear about B. Electmart Company?

They just sent my husband an acceptance letter with a check for nearly 00.00. You have to activate the check online before depositing it (I guess to agree to the jobs). I have never done mystery shopping and not sure if this is procedure or not. I cannot locate them on BBB. What should we do?

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone hear about B. Electmart Company?

It sounds like a fraudulent fake check scam. Here is another user that contacted the bank listed on the check:

Is B. Electmart Company a fraud? - Yahoo! Answers

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner, I hope you didn't get taken in by these b@st@rds.
    ~ Lioness~

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone hear about B. Electmart Company?

Never heard of this company.....sounds like a 100% SCAM!!! STAY CLEAR OF THEM!!!