Valerie J. Deneen

Default How to advertise for a business on a small budget

One of the highest expenses for any business is advertising, but promoting your

business doesn't have to cost a lot of money. Let people know about your

products or services with these money-saving techniques, and use the rest of

your budget for other ways to grow your business.

Step 1

Design a Logo -- To design a logo, you don't need an expensive graphic design

program. Gimp.org and Inkscape.org offer free open source software to let you

design your own logo. Use the logo on all business materials: business cards,

letterhead, flyers, blog, magnets, etc.

Step 2

Business Cards Business Cards -- If you don't already have them, business cards

are necessary for your business. You can get free business cards at

VistaPrint.com. Give these out to anyone you meet.

Step 3

Car Magnet Vinyl Car Magnet -- Car magnets cost around $8 and can be very

effective in promoting your business. These are also available at

VistaPrint.com. Market your business while driving around to do errands.

Step 4

Blog All About It Blog -- Blogger.com lets you create an online blog for free.

This is a great tool to announce any news or upcoming events about your

business, and to obtain feedback from customers.

Step 5

Flyers & Brochures Flyers & Brochures -- OpenOffice.org is an open source office

suite that lets you create professional looking flyers and brochures. It is free

to download and easy to use. Post flyers at your local library, grocery stores,

coffee shops, and restaurants.

Step 6

Word of Mouth Word of Mouth -- This is the cheapest, and most effective method

of advertising available. Build up a clientele and make every client a

repeat-client. Strive for excellent service that goes beyond what is expected,

and soon your customers will be talking about you to all of their friends and

family.

Step 7

Host a Radio Show Produce and Host Your Own Radio Show -- BlogTalkRadio.com

makes it easy to be the host of your own radio show, and you can even be part of

their revenue sharing program. This means you can promote your business and make

money at the same time.

Valerie J. Deneen

Ayanna Scott

WOW......I own a home based business and its been interesting to find ways to

promote and advertise without overspending. My most effective tool is good ole

fashion word of mouth. Its forced me to think outside of the box when it comes

to prospecting.

I've been going through a local paper to find information on local networking

groups, also Meetup.com is user friendly and there are many groups that will

surely share your interests....meet people, network, find business, make money.

Thats just one of the ways I'm discovering it does not take a million dollar

budget to effectively advertise your business. Another is flyer's, for less than

$10.00 I printed 350 flyer's at Kinkos, 2 invitational sized flyer's on one page

more bang for the buck.

And last of my 2 cents, do not forget if you own your own business you can write

off mileage ladies and gentlemen with gas prices climbing it would be nice to

get back 48cents per mile think about how much you drive then do the math. Even

if you don't "own your own business" my accountant showed me how to become an

independent rep for very cheap and use this as "my business". I did it for the

write off because I'm a Independent Contractor, its completely legal and I have

made some extra income by it. Talk about Win Win......

If anyone is looking for more info on how to market your business on a budget

please let me know, Ive become a queen on finding sites that let you create free

web-sites, gathering free leads for your business and legitimate ways to make

extra income.

That's my 2cents....more like 10cents

----- Original Message ----

Subject: Budget101.com : How to advertise for a business on a small budget

One of the highest expenses for any business is advertising, but promoting your

business doesn't have to cost a lot of money.

Christina Coyle

11.0pt;color:#1F497D;">Just a correction, it’s 58 cents per mile as of last month. If
    the prices keep climbing, it may change again before tax time!
    11.0pt;color:#1F497D;">

11.0pt;color:#1F497D;">Christina Coyle
    11.0pt;color:#1F497D;">
    11.0pt;color:#1F497D;">Jackson Hewitt Tax Service
    11.0pt;color:#1F497D;">Area Manager of Andrews and Manning, SC

<div style="border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;">
    10.0pt;">From:10.0pt;"> Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ayanna Scott

Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 11:19 PM

To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com

Subject: Re: Budget101.com : How to advertise for a business on a small
    budget

And last of my 2 cents, do not forget if you own your own business you can
    write off mileage ladies and gentlemen with gas prices climbing it would be
    nice to get back 48cents per mile think about how much you drive then do the
    math. Even if you don't "own your own business" my accountant showed
    me how to become an independent rep for very cheap and use this as "my
    business". I did it for the write off because I'm a Independent
    Contractor, its completely legal and I have made some extra income by it. Talk
    about Win Win......