Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Flavor savor cbags

I have had my flavor saver for about a year or longer. I read on the box you can reuse the bags. I was wondering if any here does? I don't, because I don't feel I get them clean enough to reuse.

If you do reuse your bags, how do you clean them? I am worried about having raw pork and then grab that bag for shredded cheese.

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Flavor savor cbags

Quote Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
    I have had my flavor saver for about a year or longer. I read on the box you can reuse the bags. I was wondering if any here does? I don't, because I don't feel I get them clean enough to reuse.

If you do reuse your bags, how do you clean them? I am worried about having raw pork and then grab that bag for shredded cheese.
    I'm not sure about Flavor savor, but we use Food Saver bags and reuse them. Turn them inside out and wash them thoroughly. When reusing, use them for the same thing that you used them for the first time around- if they had raw chicken in them the 1st time, use them for raw chicken again. We write on ours with a sharpie.
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have heard of people washing them in the washer as if they were doing a load of clothes. to me that was gross.

I never thought to use a sharpie and label the bag...the most simplest ideas can really elude me.

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
    I have heard of people washing them in the washer as if they were doing a load of clothes. to me that was gross.

I never thought to use a sharpie and label the bag...the most simplest ideas can really elude me.
    I haven't heard of the washing machine- as in clothing, but lots of people turn them inside out and wash them in the dishwasher, that works quite well. *shudder* I have a hard time washing anything I eat with in the same place I wash panties or shoes, lol.
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**