Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Powdered Ingredient Recipes...

I replied to a thread that I wouldn't know what to do with most powdered ingredients, such as butter, peanut butter, eggs, etc...
    I've not really thought about it much before, but of course, am now that it's been brought to my attention. lol

Any ideas, suggestions, and recipes?

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Powdered Ingredient Recipes...

You can reconstitute the powders and use them as you would the fresh ingredients. Might need to taste them to see about salt and sugar needed (in the peanut butter and butter) as some brands might have added and some might not. Make peanut butter, peanut butter cookies, peanut butter cake, etc. Eggs -- you can get powdered whole eggs, egg whites and egg yolks -- use in whatever you want eggs for -- only thing is you can not get a fried egg out of a powdered one. (That is a real drawback if the only way some people will eat eggs is fried (over easy). Powdered Cheese -- make mac and cheese or whatever. Powdered milk --anything you want milk in or just drink it.
    Hope this helps. Thanks; Virginia

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Powdered Ingredient Recipes...

I use powdered milk in my bread. if you want to drink it, make it and let it sit in the fridge overnight first. sitting makes it taste a little better.