What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pressure Cooker...where to start

I have a pressure cooker up in my attic. I've had it for about seven years, but I'm afraid to cook in it! I have a pressure cooker cookbook but I'd like to ease my way in with something really simple - any suggestions/tips? I know one of these days I'll get up the courage to use it...

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Pressure Cooker...where to start

First things first -- what kind and size of pressure cooker do you have? Do you want meat recipes or just vegetable recipes? Newer pressure cookers are a lot different than the old ones; I have used them that were made in the 1940's (the first one I inherited from my Grand-Mother-In-Law) on up to the new one I got last year, as a gift. I have been using them for over 30 years now, I still sometimes hesitate to use them but they are no more dangerous than any other type of cooking, you just need to pay attention to what you are doing. Please note, this is not set it and forget it type cooking! Post what kinds of recipes you would like to start with and I will put some on here. Hope this helps. Thanks; Virginia