Vegetables ISO Broccoli Cassrole recipe

ISO Broccoli Cassrole recipe

My grandma and I used to make a broccoli casserole together when I was a kid and the recipe card wasn't in her box when she passed away. I know it had a can of soup (cream of something? cheddar cheese? I don't remember) and we put crushed up Better Cheddar crackers on top. There wasn't any meat

Vegetables, recipe, cheddar, broccoli, crackers, crushed, cheese, remember, true, meat, cassrole, card, grandma, casserole, soup, cream, passed, make

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ISO Broccoli Cassrole recipe

My grandma and I used to make a broccoli casserole together when I was a kid and the recipe card wasn't in her box when she passed away. I know it had a can of soup (cream of something? cheddar cheese? I don't remember) and we put crushed up Better Cheddar crackers on top. There wasn't any meat in it.

Anyone have a tried and true recipe for something like that?

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ISO Broccoli Cassrole recipe

Here is an old recipe for Broccoli Casserole that uses cream of soup.

Baked Broccoli

2 large heads of Broccoli, if using fresh (2 packages chopped broccoli, if using frozen)
    1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
    1/2 cup Mayonnaise
    1 small Onion, minced
    1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
    1 Egg
    3/4 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
    3/4 cup Cracker Crumbs (butter or cheese crackers)
    Salt and Pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Make sauce by mixing 1 can of undiluted soup, mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, and egg. Add a little salt and pepper.

Steam the broccoli for a few minutes if cooking fresh florets with short stems (don’t cook it until soft, but until it softens a small amount). If using frozen chopped broccoli, thaw only.

In casserole dish, put a layer of one-half of the broccoli , then a layer of one-half the sauce. Next, put a layer of the remaining broccoli topped with the remaining sauce. Spread half of the cracker crumbs on top, sprinkle on the cheese, top with remaining crackers. Bake for about 30 min. at 350 degrees.

Enjoy! Hope this helps. Thanks; Virginia

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

That sounds very close! Thank you!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Virginia-That recipe wounds delicious! Next time broccoli goes on sale, I'm gonna try this!

Thanks for sharing!!