OT- PLEASE READ- BE AWARE of your surroundings!!

OT- PLEASE READ- BE AWARE of your surroundings!!

I know this email is Off Topic. But I feel it is very important to share with other women. What happened to me today, could happen to someone else. PLEASE READ!! I really got scared today, while I was out shopping. I want to remind everyone to BE AWARE of your surroundings!!!

call, cell phone, center, days, email, free, hearing, inside, items, lunch, minutes, phone in, photos, prayer, share, star, today, topic, total, tree, store, hubby, back, thought, parking, aware, shopping, stay, pull, watching, left, thinking, told, called, find, parked, space, creeped, textd, police, front, started, happened, work, standing, yelling, surroundings, street, noticed, windows

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dawn Rhodes

Default OT- PLEASE READ- BE AWARE of your surroundings!!

I know this email is Off Topic. But I feel it is very important to share with other women. What happened to me today, could happen to someone else. PLEASE READ!!

I really got scared today, while I was out shopping. I want to remind everyone to BE AWARE of your surroundings!!!

I went to the Dollar Tree. On my way crossing the lane to the store, there were several men on the sidewalk. They were walking away from the store. They started looking and yelling. I went on inside the store, didn't really think anymore of it.

After a few minutes ofshopping, I noticed this man in the store. He was looking at me with a dead stare. I thought it was one of the men from the street. (but wasn't) No smile, no emotion, etc. I went on about my shopping. Then I couldn't help but notice, everywhere I went in the store, he was within a few feet of me. Not picking up any items, no cart or anything. After a few minutes I was feeling creeped out. I textd my hubby, " I'm going to call you, go along with what I say." . So I called him, made sure I was in hearing distance of the man and was talking about hubby meeting me in like 10 minutes for lunch. He was going to come to the store and we would go to lunch from there. I was thinking the man would hear this and bug off. He didn't seem to care at all.

I textd my hubby back and told him what was going on. He said he was on his way to the store from work. (works close but got into lunch traffic) I stayed toward the back of the store, browsing. After awhile, I didn't see the man, so I thought he left. I walked to the front of the store.... there he was. Just standing, watching me. I thought of telling an employee, but what was I going to say a man is looking at me??? So, I went toward the back of the store and tried to stay around other customers. My hubby got to the store. We couldn't find the man anywhere. SO, we thought he had left. Hubby took some bags on to the car while I paid. When I came out of the store, hubby was standing beside the car. He asked me to look at a white car in the parking lot, was that the guy? YES it was! By himself, sitting almost directly in front of my car. His window was down and he was alone. Time total by now, was a little over an hour from the time this began. NOW I am really creeped!

I got into the car, hubby followed me in his truck to another shopping center, near that shopping center. I was going into Ross, I had a return. So hubby went on back to work and I went in the store. Stood in line about 20 minutes. Then browsed the store, about 30-35 minutes total. Before I left the store, I had my cell phone in one hand and my keys in the other. I looked through the parking lot......... HE WAS IN THAT PARKING LOT!! I immediately called hubby, told him and told him to stay on the phone until I was in my car. THE MAN started to pull off from his parking space. I got in the car, locked my doors, backed out and was leaving the parking lot. I passed a police car. I believe the man saw the police car coming and that is the reason he pulled off. I was almost in tears by this point. Thinking..... it wasn't all in my head that a man was watching me. HE REALLY WAS!

I thought back...... had it NOT been for the men on the street yelling at me, I might not have been as aware of others today. I might not have noticed that man watching me. It could have ended very badly. We have been having a lot of rapes in our area. (found out after we got back from vacation a few days ago)

After thinking about how things were playing out.. this is my theory.

I thought about how he was parked both times. He was parked where he could just pull out of the space. He didn't have to back out.

I think, the man was waiting on me to leave the store. He was going to walk out with me and "get me" on the way to my car. (pull a knife or gun to get me to go with him, possibly) Why else would he stay in the store?

So PLEASEEEEEEE be aware of those around you, even in the MIDDLE of the day in a store!! Often we don't think to be aware until we are IN the parking lot!

I thank God that I am ok and nothing happened to me. My prayer is that he didn't find someone else and hurt them today.

DawnRhodes Email:justascrapin@hotmail.com

<hr>Do more with your photos with Windows Live Photo Gallery. Get Windows Live-Free

Dee Bleau

OMG Dawn. I am so sorry that this happened to you. I am glad that you are ok. I will definatly be more aware. Dee

Dawn Rhodes <justascrapin@hotmail.com> wrote:
    I know this
    email is Off Topic. But I feel it is very important to share with other women. What happened to me today, could happen to someone else. PLEASE READ!!

I really got scared today, while I was out shopping. I want to remind everyone to BE AWARE of your surroundings!!!

I went to the Dollar Tree. On my way crossing the lane to the store, there were several men on the sidewalk. They were walking away from the store. They started looking and yelling. I went on inside the store, didn't really think anymore of it.

After a few minutes ofshopping, I noticed this man in the store. He was looking at me with a dead stare. I thought it was one of the men from the street. (but wasn't) No smile, no emotion, etc. I went on about my shopping. Then I couldn't help but notice, everywhere I went in the store, he was within a few feet of me. Not
    picking up any items, no cart or anything. After a few minutes I was feeling creeped out. I textd my hubby, " I'm going to call you, go along with what I say." . So I called him, made sure I was in hearing distance of the man and was talking about hubby meeting me in like 10 minutes for lunch. He was going to come to the store and we would go to lunch from there. I was thinking the man would hear this and bug off. He didn't seem to care at all.

I textd my hubby back and told him what was going on. He said he was on his way to the store from work. (works close but got into lunch traffic) I stayed toward the back of the store, browsing. After awhile, I didn't see the man, so I thought he left. I walked to the front of the store.... there he was. Just standing, watching me. I thought of telling an employee, but what was I going to say a man is looking at me??? So, I went toward the back of the store and tried to stay around other customers. My hubby got to the
    store. We couldn't find the man anywhere. SO, we thought he had left. Hubby took some bags on to the car while I paid. When I came out of the store, hubby was standing beside the car. He asked me to look at a white car in the parking lot, was that the guy? YES it was! By himself, sitting almost directly in front of my car. His window was down and he was alone. Time total by now, was a little over an hour from the time this began. NOW I am really creeped!

I got into the car, hubby followed me in his truck to another shopping center, near that shopping center. I was going into Ross, I had a return. So hubby went on back to work and I went in the store. Stood in line about 20 minutes. Then browsed the store, about 30-35 minutes total. Before I left the store, I had my cell phone in one hand and my keys in the other. I looked through the parking lot......... HE WAS IN THAT PARKING LOT!! I immediately called hubby, told him and told him to stay on the phone until
    I was in my car. THE MAN started to pull off from his parking space. I got in the car, locked my doors, backed out and was leaving the parking lot. I passed a police car. I believe the man saw the police car coming and that is the reason he pulled off. I was almost in tears by this point. Thinking..... it wasn't all in my head that a man was watching me. HE REALLY WAS!

I thought back...... had it NOT been for the men on the street yelling at me, I might not have been as aware of others today. I might not have noticed that man watching me. It could have ended very badly. We have been having a lot of rapes in our area. (found out after we got back from vacation a few days ago)

After thinking about how things were playing out.. this is my theory.

I thought about how he was parked both times. He was parked where he could just pull out of the space. He didn't have to back out.

I think, the man was waiting on me to
    leave the store. He was going to walk out with me and "get me" on the way to my car. (pull a knife or gun to get me to go with him, possibly) Why else would he stay in the store?

So PLEASEEEEEEE be aware of those around you, even in the MIDDLE of the day in a store!! Often we don't think to be aware until we are IN the parking lot!

I thank God that I am ok and nothing happened to me. My prayer is that he didn't find someone else and hurt them today.

DawnRhodes Email:justascrapin@hotmail.com

Do more with your photos with Windows Live Photo Gallery. Get Windows Live-Free

leigh.drewett@ntlworld.com

Glad you are ok Dawn

How scary!

------------------

arlisa

Thank GOD you are ok. WOW big wake up call there Dawn. I'm so glad your husband

was there for you too.

I'm more aware now.

(arlisa) ^^

----- Original Message ----

To: "justascrapin@hotmail.com" <justascrapin@hotmail.com>

Sent: Wednesday, July 2, 2008 5:34:51 PM

Subject: Budget101.com : OT- PLEASE READ- BE AWARE of your surroundings!!

I know this email is Off Topic. But I feel it is very important to share with

other women. What happened to me today, could happen to someone else. PLEASE

READ!!

NancyR

<FONT face="Arial" size="4">I'm sorry you had to deal with this, but I think you really should have told the store manager, called the police, and gotten his license number if possible.
    <FONT face="Arial" size="4">
    <FONT face="Arial" size="4">Nancy
    [quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Dawn Rhodes I know this email is Off Topic. But I feel it is very important to share with other women. What happened to me today, could happen to someone else. PLEASE READ!!

Rosie

I am so sorry you had to go through all of that! But, I am thankful that you are okay.

and I appreciate you sharing this. I have let my daughter read this I dont think she

is ever careful enough while out and about on her own. She is only 17. Maybe now

she will believe it can happen in our county and will try to be more aware! I sure will

be and I hope she does! Thanks again. Rosie

Love like there is no tomorrow!
    ME!

--- On Thu, 7/3/08, NancyR <nancyr@ntin.net> wrote:

Subject: Re: Budget101.com : OT- PLEASE READ- BE AWARE of your surroundings!!
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Thursday, July 3, 2008, 8:37 AM

<DIV id="yiv1945323779">

<FONT face="Arial" size="4">I'm sorry you had to deal with this, but I think you really should have told the store manager, called the police, and gotten his license number if possible.
    <FONT face="Arial" size="4">Nancy
    [quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Dawn Rhodes I know this email is Off Topic. But I feel it is very important to share with other women. What happened to me today, could happen to someone else. PLEASE READ!!

Ann Garner

At 07:34 PM 7/2/2008, you wrote:

>So PLEASEEEEEEE be aware of those around you, even in the MIDDLE of

>the day in a store!! Often we don't think to be aware until we are

>IN the parking lot!

Yes, be aware of those around you. I was taught this from a very

young age. No, I'm not in the "young generation" that was taught

beware of strangers due to child abductions that have been happening

for the past several years, I'm a few weeks from turning 50.

One man last summer was high on meth, and tried to abduct a woman

that was putting items in the back of her van. He shoved her into

the back of the van. Before he could push her on in and slam the

doors, she kicked him in the chest with both feet. She's a black

belt, too. Other customers saw what was happening and held the man

until police arrived. He just picked the wrong female to attack.

If any man is acting strange, I go to a clerk in the store. There

was a real flake that was starting in at me on "the inflation

conspiracy" and I tried to walk away from him. He tried to stay with

me and I was heading to the door. I stopped to talk to the clerk at

the self check-out and told her the man was harassing me. He heard

it and went on out. I stayed at the door checker's area, watching

until he left the parking lot. She got his license plate number when

I told what was going on and turned it in to the manager. Don't

hesitate to tell store personnel of such things. If someone is

following you around the store, something is up.

Ann in Arkansas

Angie Woulfe

Oh my I'm glad your ok! What state do you live in? You really should call the

police and give them the description of the man and his car so they can keep

their eye out for him and make sure he doesn't do something to another woman.

Did you get his license plate number?

Angie

----- Original Message ----

To: "justascrapin@hotmail.com" <justascrapin@hotmail.com>

Sent: Wednesday, July 2, 2008 7:34:51 PM

Subject: Budget101.com : OT- PLEASE READ- BE AWARE of your surroundings!!

I know this email is Off Topic. But I feel it is very important to share with

other women. What happened to me today, could happen to someone else. PLEASE

READ!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast