Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mluckduck8@aol.com

Default Does anyone know the best place to get cheap car insurance

My son got pulled over while test driving my car which had no insurance due to it hasn't ran in months. ANyway they pulled him over and gave him a ticket for no insurance, nothing else. Now he is told he has to get insurance on it, even though it is not his car, or he will have to pay the ticket which is high. Does anyone know the cheapest place to get insurance? Just the minimum required by law for now, as it isn't his car and he will be going over seas soon anyway. Oh and he's only 20 years old and were in Tennessee.

Mary<FONT lang="0" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="1" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" PTSIZE="8">

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

Ann Garner

Just pick up the phone book, look in the yellow pages under

insurance, and start calling. You will need make/model/year of the

car, his license. If he is living with you, also call your

insurance company and ask because you do get a discount for multiple

persons/vehicles.

Ann in Arkansas

ATM

I use Safeco. For us it has turned out to be the cheapest yet. Had them for about 3 years. Check them out: www.safeco.com

Good Luck!
    [quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: BudgetHomemaking@yahoogroups.com ; Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:50 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Does anyone know the best place to get cheap car insurance

My son got pulled over while test driving my car which had no insurance due to it hasn't ran in months. ANyway they pulled him over and gave him a ticket for no insurance, nothing else. Now he is told he has to get insurance on it, even though it is not his car, or he will have to pay the ticket which is high. Does anyone know the cheapest place to get insurance? Just the minimum required by law for now, as it isn't his car and he will be going over seas soon anyway. Oh and he's only 20 years old and were in Tennessee.

<FONT lang="0" face="Arial" size="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF">Mary<FONT lang="0" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="1" PTSIZE="8" FAMILY="SANSSERIF">

<FONT style="FONT: 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;COLOR: black;">

No virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG.
    Version: 8.0.101 / Virus Database: 270.4.3/1529 - Release Date: 7/1/2008 7:23 PM

Jessica Mason

Default Re: Does anyone know the best place to get cheap car insurance

<DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: Calibri;">One thing to keep in mind--at least in TN--going with out insurance will cause you to have higher rates for the first 6-12 months. We are a credit based state so they will also factor in your credit as well. The better the credit the more "discount" you will receive. One last thing, your son is under 25 and that makes a big difference in TN as well. Is he in college? If so, he can be added to your policy if you have oneand if he makes good grades he can get a discount. Not sure how close you are to Murfreesboro, TN. My mother has an independent agency and represents a gazillion companies and can shop for you the best rate. Email me if you want her number. I tried to email you and it came back as undeliverable.
    <DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: Calibri;">

-------Original Message-------

Date: 7/2/2008 8:42:46 AM
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Does anyone know the best place to get cheap car insurance

Just pick up the phone book, look in the yellow pages under
    insurance, and start calling. You will need make/model/year of the
    car, his license. If he is living with you, also call your
    insurance company and ask because you do get a discount for multiple
    persons/vehicles.

Ann in Arkansas

Jessica Mason

<DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: Calibri;">I just reread the original post--if he does not own a car he will need a non-owners policy-which are cheap. You can not carry insurance on a car you do not own. It is illegal.
    <DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: Calibri;">

-------Original Message-------

Date: 7/2/2008 8:47:57 AM
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Does anyone know the best place to get cheap car insurance

I use Safeco. For us it has turned out to be the cheapest yet. Had them for about 3 years. Check them out: www.safeco.com

Good Luck!

Subject: Budget101.com : Does anyone know the best place to get cheap car insurance

Mary<FONT lang="0" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="1" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" PTSIZE="8">

Checked by AVG.
    Version: 8.0.101 / Virus Database: 270.4.3/1529 - Release Date: 7/1/2008 7:23 PM

J Diane Northcutt

I don't know about Tenn, but in SC you can opt to go to traffic Court when you get a ticket. Once in court , you have a chance to plead your case before a traffic judge. Just a thought.

Diane
    [quote]
    Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 8:46 AM

Good Luck!
    [quote]

Checked by AVG.

Sharon Young

Direct is cheap. I left Geico for Direct and went fron $220 a month to

48.00 a month. And that's with a 16 year old secondary driver.

mluckduck8@aol.com

I have never heard of a non-owners policy. he owns a jeep that he is trying to get running but the court house told him he would need insurance on the car he was driving at the time. Which makes no sense because it is not his car.

Mary

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast