Thread: storage mice

Y Y

Default storage mice

<span style="font-family: monospace;">We have had mice eat through Tupperware, Rubbermaid tubs, and hard sided Samonite luggage. They ate through the Tupperware where the bottom met the side which only had papers and photos in it. They ate through the Rubbermaid tubs and ruined antique craft and quilts and worse of all they ate all the lining and glue(I suspect) from the inside of the suitcase and ruined the wedding quilt I had stored there. We have seen no signs of anything other than mice debris. We live in an rv fulltime and would say bounce fabric sheets don't work, moth balls smell too bad for us, even when placed on the ground under the rig the smell is bad to us. We have also tried different kinds of electric pest devices that you use plug in and they emit some waves, none worked for us. We throw food garbage
    out as soon as we are done eating and are very careful with crumbs. We have had a few mouse traps and the cheese, peanut butter or chocolate get eaten and the trap doesn't go off. We also have used coke. Our best success came when we had neighbors who had a cat that ran under our rig quite often and his urine seemed to repel mice.

me ow

Default storage mice

Jimminy! I had no idea those mice could be so bad! I may be the only person in this group who doesn't mind the smell of moth balls. Tonight my hubby found a few mouse poop pellets in his sweater closet! ugh! That's it. I think I am going to try moth balls. We have cats but one of the elderly cats has a problem with marking her territory in the room my mom stays in. She does not want the cat in there and so she closes the door. I am sure the cat would be the best option for the mouse problem we have but I can't think of any other way to deal with this problem other than the moth balls.

--- On Tue, 7/1/08, Y Y <everywritwhole@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Budget101.com : storage mice
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 4:18 PM

<DIV id="yiv2061810725">

<TABLE cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" border="0">

<TD vAlign="top">

<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: monospace;">We have had mice eat through Tupperware, Rubbermaid tubs, and hard sided Samonite luggage. They ate through the Tupperware where the bottom met the side which only had papers and photos in it. They ate through the Rubbermaid tubs and ruined antique craft and quilts and worse of all they ate all the lining and glue(I suspect) from the inside of the suitcase and ruined the wedding quilt I had stored there. We have seen no signs of anything other than mice debris. We live in an rv fulltime and would say bounce fabric sheets don't work, moth balls smell too bad for us, even when placed on the ground under the rig the smell is bad to us. We have also tried different kinds of electric pest devices that you use plug in and they emit some waves, none worked for us. We throw food garbage out as soon as we are done eating and are very careful with crumbs. We have
    had a few mouse traps and the cheese, peanut butter or chocolate get eaten and the trap doesn't go off. We also have used coke. Our best success came when we had neighbors who had a cat that ran under our rig quite often and his urine seemed to repel mice.