Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default leftover chicken

I found a recipe for chicken last night. it was by kraft and called angel chicken. it called for 6 hours in a crockpot starting with raw chicken. but I needed something for leftover chicken. so I modified it.

I took about a cup or 2 of chicken and an onion and I sautéed the onion and reheated the chicken. then I put it in a sauce pan with a block of cream cheese, a can of cream of chicken soup and a can of cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 cup of Italian dressing, and 12 cup of cooking white cooking wine(I actually had this on hand ).

I cooked the sauce to melt the cream soup and the cream cheese. took about 10 minutes. I served over spaghetti. this actually turned out pretty good. it was a little dry, could have used a tad of milk. and it really needed some pepper.

just in case anyone is interested here was the original recipe I took the idea from. Angel chicken

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bethaliz6894 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: leftover chicken

take left over chicken (sans skin and bone) and put it in your kitchenaid mixer ...use the flat beater and turn it on.... it will shred the chicken, then you can add minced celery, minced garlic, minced onion, mayo and cayenne pepper to make a spicy chicken salad.
    Only in the United States is it permissible to sell food without the labeling of Genetically Modified Organisms. This needs to stop, we DESERVE to know what is in our food!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: leftover chicken

I never thought to use my kitchen mixer to shred the chicken. I still have a lot of cooked chicken I need to use. I usually bake 6 breast at once and then rework it during the week. this past week I baked a batch not realizing I had chicken in the fridge waiting to be reworked. I think I just might try this for lunch.