Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: DIY Automatic Garden Watering System

Gardening isn't always inexpensive or cheap, in fact, it can be quite a costly endeavor, particularly if all your plants die halfway through the season due to lack of water! Here's how we installed our own homemade automatic watering system for our garden for less than $50

Read More: Article: DIY Automatic Garden Watering System
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Liss For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

What a great idea! Thanks for the step by step instructions!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was watching a You Tube Video on Urban Homesteading and they were using clay pots burried up to the neck then filled with water. The water seaps out of the clay pot throught the day and keeps the plants watered. The homestead was just outside of Los Angeles in California. Here in NY it rains a lot but I have two flowerbeds in the front of my home that are covered by the roof and noting seems to grow there because I forget to water. I might try the clay pot idea there.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I definitely have to try this! Thank you for the instructions!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: DIY Automatic Garden Watering System

The clay pots seem to be simple enough, but not worthwhile in a dry area. I live in Ohio, where we seem to be either flooded or desert dry... It's feast or famine, so I have set up rain barrels to fill my pots on the days (weeks) that there is no rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalanaya View Post
    I was watching a You Tube Video on Urban Homesteading and they were using clay pots burried up to the neck then filled with water. The water seaps out of the clay pot throught the day and keeps the plants watered. The homestead was just outside of Los Angeles in California. Here in NY it rains a lot but I have two flowerbeds in the front of my home that are covered by the roof and noting seems to grow there because I forget to water. I might try the clay pot idea there.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank-you for the neat ideas:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

last year i tripled the size of my garden and have been having trouble keeping it watered .. i think i will try this. Thank you

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love this idea. My husband did something like this a few years agao but he did not bury the PVC. I tried to tell him not to do that...and the POVC gets dried out by the hot sun and he has them break now. Am I right that the PVC does not take the hot sun too well and that taking the short cut of not burying it wille ventually cause more work? Yes I'm asking someone to take sides here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast