Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Deluxe Green Bean Casserole
04-15-2013, 08:50 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
Deluxe Green Bean Casserole
I'm definitely NOT a green bean casserole fan, but I decided to try to come up with one that I'd actually like and want to have again...I finally figured it out. lol
1 (14-15 oz) can whole green beans-drained
1 cup sliced mushrooms or 1 (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms-drained
1 (2 oz) jar diced pimentos-drained
1 medium onion-diced
1 can french fried onions OR 3/4 cup buttered bread crumbs
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp AP flour
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese ((OR more))
s and p-to taste
1/8 tsp dry minced parsley
pinch dry dill weed
1/4 tsp Mrs Dash table blend seasonings
1. In a medium saucepan, add diced onions to melted butter. Cook on medium for 5-8 minutes. Add flour, salt, and pepper; stir combine.
2. Add warm milk and stir well. Cook until sauce thickens; whisking constantly. Stir in shredded cheese; stir to combine. Remove from heat.
3. Add green beans, pimentos, mushrooms, and herbs. Evenly coat ingredients.
4. Pour into a prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle french fried onions or buttered bread crumbs on top. Cover with foil.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 then remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
*Can sprinkle a little more shredded cheese on top before covering and baking.
Cheese makes everything a little better.
By swcolorado in forum Dirt Cheap DinnersReplies: 1Last Post: 10-04-2012, 09:24 PM
By Budget101 in forum vBCms CommentsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-05-2010, 05:54 AM
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 12-30-2008, 07:33 PM
By rtebalt in forum ThanksgivingReplies: 0Last Post: 11-07-2008, 02:07 PM
By mos in forum Vegetarian Left Over LayeringReplies: 0Last Post: 04-17-2006, 12:12 AM