Thread: Drop down menus

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Drop down menus

when I am trying to use the drop down menus at the top of the screen, they don't come up right. When I click on the white words, for example the top posters of the month the words come up with white blocks around them. when I try to click on what I want the drop down disappears. when I try to click on the drop down for coupons, the white boxes are there and the words are white. again, I cant click on anything.

I am using IE 10, up until the other night everything was OK. has something changed here or on my computer? if it is my computer can someone tell me what I need to change? I haven't played with anything but some security setting under tools in IE, but I changed those back to default and that didn't help, or hurt for that matter.

Thank you for anyone that can help me with the drop down menus. I didn't realize how much I use them until they got messed up.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Drop down menus

IE has compatibility issues with several major web design platforms (& security issues too), but you can fix them by clicking on the compatibility tab.

Here's a "How to" guide"
    Fix site display problems with Compatibility View - Microsoft Windows Help

Once you click on the tab, you'll also need to hit ctrl+alt+F5 at the same time in order to load a fresh (non-cached) page. In the event that this doesn't auto-fix your issue, please give me a holler back here and we'll troubleshoot further.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, I'm going to try this one more time, I've written this 3x's already and for whatever reason, the dat gum thing literally just disappears!

IE (all versions) have known compatibility issues with several major web platforms. Generally these are coding issues that can be remedied by clicking on the compatibility button in IE. Here's a "how to" from microsoft:

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View - Microsoft Windows Help

Once you click on the tab, you'll also need to hit ctrl+alt+F5 at the same time in order to load a fresh (non-cached) page. In the event that this doesn't auto-fix your issue, please give me a holler back here and we'll troubleshoot further.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh Yah sure, NOW it decides to appear. WTH?
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

^^^^^ Glad I am not the only one whose computer decided to 'go on vacation' LOL! Liss you are a genius. I followed your directions and what watcha know...it worked. As you have probably figured, I am more of a leerker than a user...for a really good reason.

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
    ^^^^^ Glad I am not the only one whose computer decided to 'go on vacation' LOL! Liss you are a genius. I followed your directions and what watcha know...it worked. As you have probably figured, I am more of a leerker than a user...for a really good reason.
    Good Good, because I didn't change a Thing on my end and I couldn't figure out what to tell you next, lol . . .
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's OK, I probably wouldn't have been able to do much more on my end. Any other ideas you have, I would have had to get hubby involved. he is the IT guy by trade, hobby, and career. computers are the mistress in this relationship. it is amazing how it doesn't rub off on me though.