Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Milk- It Does a Body Good, Or Does it?

Do you consider yourself to be a savvy consumer? Do you strive to provide your family with the best food choices that you can within your budget range? Do you think you know what's in your food? Think again . . .

Read More: Article: Milk- It Does a Body Good, Or Does it?
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

the link to the federal government states that it is no longer open to comments!

Unregistered

Default Re: Milk- It Does a Body Good, Or Does it?

Quote Originally Posted by vanwill View Post
    the link to the federal government states that it is no longer open to comments!
    I saw that also. Does this mean it was approved? I would really like to find out.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is simply unconscionable!!! Many, many people are allergic to aspartame not to mention all the articles circulating for years that state that it's dangerous to the health of brains and that it contributes to the onset of diabetes, etc.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    They were talking about adding it to flavored dairy products like chocolate milk or yoghurt. See this like for the facts. snopes.com: Aspartame in Milk. Gotta check stuff with snopes first.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Milk- It Does a Body Good, Or Does it?

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieBekah View Post
    Hi,
    They were talking about adding it to flavored dairy products like chocolate milk or yoghurt. See this like for the facts. snopes.com: Aspartame in Milk. Gotta check stuff with snopes first.
    Unfortunately "Snopes" doesn't list all the facts. As you can see from the Article, the Petition link was to add aspartame to 17 products, not just Chocolate milk & yogurt.

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/02/20/2013-03835/flavored-milk-petition-to-amend-the-standard-of-identity-for-milk-and-17-additional-dairy-products

The link provided is for the ACTUAL Federal Register, which I am much more inclined to belief than Snopes.

For a copy of the petition filed by IDFA and NMPF please go to: http://www.regulations.gov and insert “Docket No. FDA-2009-P-0147” into the “Search” box.

Directly from the Petition itself: "The petition asks that the standards of identity for these products be amended to provide for the use of any safe and suitable sweetener in the optional ingredients. (2) "
    What that means, is that SNOPES is full of Crap. That is a direct request that all "fake" sweeteners be considered "normal, suitable and acceptable" - as such they would NOT require additional labeling or notification what-so-ever. Unfortunately there is so much information being spread (even by Snopes!) that people don't take the time to stand up for their rights and health.

That's how nasty GMO's made it into our Food Supply in such Mass quantities.

This one is near and dear to my heart because I am extremely allergic to Aspartame, a single piece of gum containing that poison will drop me to my knees with a Massive Migraine in minutes.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

still digging' my way out
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fire Re: Milk- It Does a Body Good, Or Does it?

The FDA amended the standard of identity for ice cream to allow for “any safe and suitable sweetener” to be used in ice cream. See “ Frozen Desserts: Removal of Standards of Identity for Ice Milk and Goat's Milk Ice Milk; Amendment of Standards of Identity for Ice Cream and Frozen Custard and Goat's Milk Ice Cream” (59 FR 47072, September 14, 1994) (Ref 2). Before FDA's amendment, the standard provided only for “nutritive carbohydrate sweeteners.”
    When it stated that the FDA amended the standard of identity for ice cream to allow for any safe and suitable sweetener I took that to mean that they can use whatever they darn well feel like using. Once it's amended as standard it does NOT have to be listed on the label. I think what liss was trying to point out in the article was that they're being sneaky and trying to get their chemicals approved as "normal and standard".

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sigh... I wish I had my own cow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast